CFU 128 - [Reprise] 1.8 Billion Youtube Views Can’t Be Wrong: How Derral Eves Uses The Power Pitch Formula To Create Captivating Videos That Educate, Entertain, Inspire, And Sell Millions Of Dollars In Products And Services
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 13, 2021 04:10 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 230955704 series 1221181
Have you ever seen a Mystic Unicorn poop creamy, delicious, ice cream?
If you caught the viral sensation ad for the Squatty Potty then you are familiar with some of Derral’s work.
But Derral was not always making millions of dollars for himself and his clients creating incredible direct response video ads.
After Derral Eves graduate from college with a degree in Public Relations and Advertising he landed his “dream job”:
As a Hospital Administrator.
No Really. That WAS his dream job. And he loved it… at first.
Within six months of diving in he had saved his new company $680,000 and went to his boss for a $10,000 per year raise. A 1.5% commission seems like a pretty good deal eh?
Well, not according to his boss, because if Derral got the tiny raise he was asking for he would be making more money than his direct supervisor. We wouldn’t want to rock the boat over a measly $680,000 saved in the first six months on the job, would we?
“I knew right then and there that I needed to get out... I needed to work somewhere where my work was appreciated.”
Despite having a brand new baby and wanting the security of a salary for his family, in 1999 Derral ended up in business for himself generating traffic for websites and doing internet marketing.
In the early days, Derral was being paid a base for his work but ALSO a commission of final sales, so he was looking for every possible way to get visits to convert into sales.
And video was his Golden Ticket.
Fast forward to 2016, Derral has been the Executive Producer and Project Lead for the Squatty Potty ad, he’s launched the musical careers of the Piano Guys from retail piano store owners to global sensation, and recently celebrated over 1.8 BILLION total views on Youtube from videos he has produced.
This episode is NOT about a specific crowdfunding project or crowdfunding necessarily.
But it IS about the most crucial element of your crowdfunding campaign that you have to nail if you want to beat your funding goal: Your Video.
People who come to your page will base the majority of their buying decision on quality of the MESSAGE in the video, (fortunately, NOT the “expensiveness” of the production). In this episode, Derral is going to teach you exactly how to make a video with a MESSAGE that sells.
Derral considers himself a student of crowdfunding videos and offers up a number of wildly successful crowdfunded campaign videos as examples of his concepts at work.
This could be the most actionable podcast I have ever recorded. Pay attention, listen to it at least a half a dozen times.
Especially pay attention to how to study successful crowdfunding video online, and it will all but guarantee you hit your crowdfunding goal.
You will learn:
- The 5 Step The Power Pitch Formula Derral uses in EVERY single one of his videos, beit a sales video for a Shark Tank client, a 1 minute sneak peek video for his own sites, to drive traffic, sales, and virality.
- How to get someone like Howard Stern to endorse your product, and how to leverage that endorsement into credibility and sales.
- Why your crowdfunding video MUST inspire for it to have a chance.
- Why Derral doesn’t work on the FIRST 15 seconds of his videos until the AFTER the rest is done, and why he spends MORE TIME working on the intro than the rest of the video combined.
- Why every single video you make needs just ONE Call To Action.
- The biggest mistake most video marketers make that kills sales, and how to avoid it in your campaign.
- Why video is the BEST way to sell your products and services without you being in the room face to face with your prospect.
- Why “30 seconds ads” are a relic from TV and long form “edutainment” ads on the internet are crushing them in sales.
- How to study the most successful Crowdfunding videos to be able to model their structure to basically guarantee your success.
- Why “authenticity” is so important, and how a low budget iPhone video can beat a high budget production if it is more aligned and authentic to your story.
- The importance of having at least three “credibility pieces”, and how you can get them even if you consider yourself an “unknown, inexperienced, rookie”. To contact Khierstyn visit www.khierstyn.com