Manage episode 263829611 series 2363289
We're going Greek -- Ancient Greek, that is -- in this week's nostalgic cartoon review with Ulysses 31. This early 80s animated series aims to retell Homer's epic poem "The Odyssey" set in the far-flung outer space of the 31st century. It's one part Saturday morning cartoon, one part classic literature, and 100% good, old-fashioned animated insanity. Shout-out to our longtime fan, friend, and regular contributor Bobby Anthem for recommending this one!
Ulysses 31, a French-Japanese production that hails from DIC Audiovisuel and TMS Entertainment, sees the 31st century Ulysses and his crew attempting to find their way home to Earth after Zeus cursed them for destroying a gigantic robot cyclops. If that logline doesn't get you interested in this series, I don't know what will. But you'll have to tune in to see how this series holds up!
Support the Show through Patreon:
Want to find our cohosts online?
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrClawMD
- Buy the book 'The Science of Breaking Bad' - https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/science-breaking-bad
Sean Paul Ellis
- IG and twitter @seanpaulellis
- Performer at Washington Improv Theater where you can find tickets and times.
- The Bureau podcast: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Comedy-Podcasts/The-Bureau-p1290704/
If you are digging our show and want to help you out, then you can do so in the following ways:
1. Recommend a cartoon to us:
Call us and leave a message at 202-681-4406. If you call then we will 100% review you recommendations if we haven't watched the cartoon yet.
2. Leave a review on iTunes with the following message titled "YOU-LEE-SEAS!“ with the review, “YOU-LEE-SEAS!"
3. Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SaturdayMourningCartoons/
4. Follow us on twitter @MourningToons
5. Check us out on Instagram @SaturdayMourningCartoons