Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 269479937 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- We made a #Millennial Summer Rewind Mix of our favorite summer tunes. Check it out here!
- As Ellen DeGeneres and her show's producers face fire for multiple accusations of physical and emotional abuse, we weigh in on current trends of toxic workplaces being held accountable.
- What would you do if your significant other refused to pay their student loans, resulting in a complicated financial situation?
- New York's Attorney General Letitia James has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association in the hopes of dissolving the national organization. What legal precedent might exist for this?
- Orange Julius signed four executive orders to help Americans suffering financially due to the continued pandemic. We dig into the executive orders and the many strings attached to benefitting from them.
- Recommended reading: A President Ignored: Trump's outlandish claims increasingly met with a collective shrug.
- As clothing sales continue to fall, it might be time to purchase stock in sweatpants, which have seen an 80% increase in sales.
- Georgia's schools are serving as an example of why it was a terrible idea to open schools this fall. Laura explains.
- Will we be paying $30 to see Mulan on Disney+ in addition to our regular subscription fees?
- Awww, looks like AMC and Universal finally made up!
- This week's recommendations will keep you busy: PODs and supporting the USPS (Andrew), going to a drive-in theatre (Laura), and Umbrella Academy season 2 (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first order), Anastasia Beverly Hills (https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com and enter promo code MILL for 15% off your first purchase), and Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter promo code MILL for $100 off your first month). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon.
- We take a trip down memory lane and talk about Midnight Sun. The nostalgia here is real, y'all!
- Who's creepier? Twilight Edward or Midnight Sun Edward?
- We all agree: Stephenie Meyer knows how to talk to her fans, unlike SOMEONE we know *cough*JK Rowling*cough*
- What other book series would we like to see companion novel adaptions for?
- How do we feel reading this story from the vantage point as 30-somethings?