Manage episode 273801263 series 9452
Introverts and extroverts work differently. Their environment plays an important role in how they show up at work.
Most companies don’t really think about whether their workplace and culture are fit to cater to both extroverts and introverts. Mainstream company work culture tends to value extroversion over introversion. And this undermines the strengths of the quiet ones.
What if they have more to offer, but it doesn’t get into the table because leaders and employees don’t really understand how their introvert people operate?
Join me in this episode, as we learn and understand the introverts' traits and how companies can bring out their true strength and talents!
Jennifer Kahnweiler is an author and speaker hailed as a pioneer of the past decades' introvert revolution. Her books are focused on how introverts can lead and inspire others at work by tapping into their natural quiet strengths.
She will talk about her book, Creating Introvert-Friendly Workplaces: How to Unleash Everyone’s Talent and Performance, and explain how your organization can create an introvert-friendly workplace where everyone thrives!
We also touch on the myths related to introverts that’ll make you cringe and why introverts are not what you think they are.
Create a welcoming culture that maximizes the introverts' skills and talents by listening to this episode as Jennifer offers the guides to introvert inclusion!
Grab yourself a copy of Jennifer’s Creating Introvert-Friendly Workplaces: How to Unleash Everyone’s Talent and Performance 👉 here and unleash the introverts' natural skills and talents!
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How to assess whether a workplace is set up for introverted employees
- What is the introvert revolution?
- Extrovert focused systems
- Jennifer talks about the common hiring process in several high performing companies
- Hiring an introvert vs. an extrovert person
- Questioning our own biases and perspective when hiring people
- Jennifer’s thoughts on hiring people for the future of the business
- The best way to deliver training, learning, and development systems to power introverts
- How companies and organizations are serving their introvert employees
- The LOUDership leadership
- Whether extroverted skills are more valued inside of a workplace
- Educating people about what introverts are
- Preparation, the real differentiators for introverts
- Understanding and nurturing relationships with your introvert people
- The good meeting hygiene
- Myths about introversion that’ll make you cringe
- The modes of communication that introverts tend to rely on
- Silence and the power of the ‘pause.’
- The relevance of creating an introvert-friendly workplace
Connect with Jennifer:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Introverted Leader by Jennifer Kahnweiler
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility by Patty McCord
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com