Manage episode 274869412 series 2794837
Patricia Greenberg was shamed for being overweight most of her childhood. At 35, she pushed herself off the couch to train to run a marathon...and the rest is history. Now she devotes her life to nutrition and fitness. Ushering in a new era of bite sized livable health, nutrition and fitness solutions, Patricia Greenberg practices what she preaches. A working wife and mother, she has 30 years of experience as a Certified Nutritionist, Chef, and Wellness educator. She lives a healthy lifestyle in an often chaotic world through good food and attainable fitness. Patricia runs The Fitness Gourmet, a wellness consulting firm that specializes in teaching seminars nationwide. She has a special interest in enhancing the education of the general public, providing accurate nutrition and health information to today’s consumer which has had an impact on the lives and health of thousands of people.
Patricia completed 20 marathons and 115 half marathons. She also loves the sport of tower climbing having conquered buildings all over the country. In her downtime she is an avid reader and knitter.
What You Will Hear in This Episode
- Patricia’s discovery of wellness after dealing with self image issues and body shaming during her early school years
- In search of her passion, Patricia tried various ventures including opening, and closing, a vegetarian restaurant in the 80’s, attending culinary school and eventually becoming a teacher and a marathon runner.
- Working on owning your destiny and breaking through stereotypes assigned to you by others
- Becoming an author
- What is tower climbing also known as stair climbing. Patricia’s first Tower climbing experience, climbing the Empire State Building and the new World Trade Center.
- How to draw upon your accomplishments to set new goals and face new challenges. Don’t blame yourself or anyone else. Don’t wallow in anger or fear or pain.
- For people in sales: You’ll knock on 100 doors, 99 people will say no, but the 1 person that says yes, that’s success
- Patricia’s new book, “Eat Well, Live Well, Age Well”, is about pro aging. Staying in the day, being the best you can be and moving forward from this moment. Everything is a life lesson
- “Anything is possible”
- “You just have to try”
- “The word is resilience”
- “You make plans and God laughs”
- “You have nothing to lose by trying”
- “When you’re down the only place you can go is up “
Bonnie’s book, The Politics of Promotion: How High Achieving Women Get Ahead and Stay Ahead is available now as an audio book on Audible or Amazon