LIVE Q&A // Kids pinching, power struggles, hot tempers, screaming in parent's face, spitting + hitting, meltdowns + unsafe play
Manage episode 292126777 series 2760262
Welcome back to our LIVE Q&A SERIES on the podcast where we use the audio from our weekly Instagram LIVE videos.
A few of the topics we cover this episode:
- Kid pinching when dysregulated or a limit is set
- 5 yo power struggles, quick to anger + snap at parent
- Kid like a volcano
- 9 yo boy screams in parent's face
- Parents feeling triggered by kids' anger
- Why all feelings are valuable + how to support kids in the moment
- Kid spitting, hurting parent when asked to do something
- The value of kids' resistance
- Why attention-seeking is connection-seeking
- The CONTROL toolbox we don't need
- 4yo melting down for 40+ minutes
- Kid refusing to talk about their feelings
- Baby + kid nervous systems + why to pay attention to them
- Unsafe play + how to support without "that's not safe!"
- The power of the "Circle Back"
- 4 yo melting down - consequences?
- Our Freedoms Model
- Our RESIST Approach
- Our Shop - GUIDES + PRINTS!
- Our Resources Page
- Our Coaching page
- Amber Okamura, Upbringing’s Artist
- Mary Schroeder, Upbringing’s Letterer
- Alex Olavarria, our producer, musician, editor + husband/brother in law
Contact us! We want to hear your thoughts. We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Upbringing on Instagram: @upbringing.co
Join us to explore topics such as: parenting, motherhood, discipline, resistance, RIE parenting, feminist parenting, toddlers, tantrums, potty training, mindful parenting, conscious parenting, evidence-based parenting, positive parenting, respectful parenting, simplicity parenting and positive discipline.