Manage episode 292246949 series 2829518
Stefanie Francis is the Founder of Hootology, a marketing research firm that fully utilizes a tech-forward approach to consumer behavior and analytics. Hootlogy is founded on her passion for quantitative analytics, anthropology, innovation, art, and the creative process. She champions supplier diversity and is an advocate for equality inside and outside the workplace. Stefanie is also an Adjunct Professor at NYU SPS Tisch Institute for Sports Management, Media, and Business. She is an award-winning speaker, a member of Valley Leadership, and has been recognized as one of the Phoenix Business Journal’s ‘Forty Under 40.’
In this episode, Stefanie shares the significance of considering consumer psychology when making an intelligent business decision. She shares how Hootology got started and what the name stands for. She explains how her company stands out among other research firms, particularly regarding the kind of data analytics they apply. She discusses the percentage of supplier diversity awareness in the industry. Stefanie also describes what large companies are missing by ignoring the trending data on supplier diversity.
"The psychology of consumer loyalty is impacting all of us." - Stefanie Francis
This week on Breaking Barriers:
- How the idea of Hootology started.
- The importance of market research for large companies.
- Why psychology is at the root of consumer research.
- Why not doing your market research is like throwing expensive darts with a blindfold.
- What Stefanie enjoys about being a professor for university students.
- What the Hoot in Hootology stands for.
- What separates Hootology from other research firms.
- The qualities of a high-level research firm that clients should look for.
- Why awareness of supplier diversity being low isn't as bad as it seems.
- What Stefanie would say to companies who won't prioritize supplier diversity.
Connect with Stefanie Francis:
- Phone: (480) 685-0639
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.