1606: When to Use Alternating Arm Dumbbell Exercises, the Pros & Cons of Doing Full-Body Workouts on Consecutive Days, When to Choose Calories from Fat Vs. Carbs & More
Manage episode 298459978 series 1542769
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about are the advantages and disadvantages of alternating sides during an exercise vs doing both sides at the same time, doing full-body workouts on consecutive days, the difference between getting calories from carbs or fat after hitting protein target, and advice for someone who has consistently been training 6 days a week and is scared to back off in fear of losing progress.
- Mind Pump’s favorite lifts. (4:41)
- The unwanted body hair as an aging man. (11:53)
- The conspiracy surrounding Plum Island. (15:58)
- Mind Pump speculates on the TikTok phenomenon becoming a part of our culture. (17:54)
- Selling fitness, the right way versus the wrong way. (21:41)
- Is the outrage valid over billionaires going to space? (29:59)
- New product alert from Ned! (36:14)
- The silly solution to no sex at the Olympics. (39:09)
- What else do the guys use pre-workout for? (45:07)
- Mind Pump on the value of cars in their lives. (46:51)
- Interesting facts about Great White Sharks. (53:07)
- #Quah question #1 – What are the advantages and disadvantages of alternating sides during an exercise vs doing both sides at the same time? (1:00:46)
- #Quah question #2 – What are your thoughts on full-body workouts on consecutive days? (1:06:00)
- #Quah question #3 – Assuming you have already hit your protein target for the day, what is the difference between getting the rest of your calories from carbs or fat? (1:10:19)
- #Quah question #4 – What is your advice for someone who has consistently been training 6 days a week? I am scared to back off in fear of losing progress or regaining fat because I am not as active. (1:14:32)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- July Promotion: MAPS HIIT and the No BS 6-Pack Formula 50% off! **Promo code “JULYSPECIAL” at checkout**
- Rubberbanditz Resistance Band Set
- Lyme Disease on Plum Island: Fringe Conspiracy Theory or Government Cover-up?
- Behind The Scenes Workout With Sal – Mind Pump Podcast
- The Billionaire Space Race Is a Tragically Wasteful Ego Contest
- Why Jeff Bezos is going to space, and why we should care
- Virgin America Safety Video #VXsafetydance
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- No, the cardboard beds athletes are sleeping on at the Tokyo Olympics aren't 'anti-sex'
- Visit Legion Athletics for the exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- Fun Facts About Great White Sharks | Oceana USA
- Visit Drink LMNT for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- The #1 Setup Cue For The Barbell And Dumbbell Row Exercise – Mind Pump TV
- The Most Overlooked Muscle Building Principle – Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources