Tech Abilities: Deep Nosing, Battery Packing, Laundry Lens App, Air Pod Pro Betas Conversation Boost, the Tech Lending Library. And more Tech Tidbits in the News
Manage episode 299680889 series 1247580
Welcome to another Tech Abilities episode from the Blind Abilities Studio. This episode dives into the latest news and gadgets from the world of technology with a blindness perspective.
Joining Jeff Thompson in the Blind Abilities Studio is Serina Gilbert, Raqi Gomez, Jesse Anderson and Lisa Salinger and of course Marlon flies in from Trinidad for a bit.
If your podcast player supports chapters, then you can jump to the topic of your liking at any time, however, this episode was designed to be taken in in one giant bite, but go ahead and nibble away if you desire.
Here is the chronological list of topics covered by the team:
- Podcast Guy Skit. 0:00
- Episode Introduction. 1:38
- It’s Show Time. 3:21
- Short cuts for skipping next track and adding to playlist. 9:04
- How is the Apple MagSafe Battery Pack? 14:32
- ‘Laundry Lens’ for iOS reminds you there’s an app for everything, including doing your laundry. 17:58
- Audio Description for the Olympics experience. 21:17
- Microsoft pauses free Windows 365 cloud PC trials after 1 day! 23:04
- Hands-on: You can now run Windows 365 on iPad, and Microsoft even has an app for it. 30:02
- Swordy Quest Continues. 32:01
- Everything That Has Happened Since The Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Was Filed. 34:18
- Title Second AirPods Pro Firmware Beta Adds Conversation Boost. 40:15
- WhatsApp finally rolls out new View Once feature, immediately buried by Telegram. 45:42
- Rapid COVID-19 Test. 47:14
- Tech Lending Library at State Services for the Blind (SSB). 55:52
- Taming Gaming Web Site. 65:54
- Contact Info. 68:20
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.Contact:
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-9063 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group