Manage episode 300570374 series 1952288
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Rod Lockhart, CEO at LendInvest
- Sam Maule, Key Account Exec at Google Cloud
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Chime raises $750m at $25bn valuation 3:04
- LendInvest secures £150m partnership with Barclays and HSBC 16:01
- JP Morgan and AmEx invest in Plaid 30:27
- UK banks plan to share branches as regulator seeks to block closures 41:35
- Brex buys Israel’s Weav 50:45
- 'Personalised credit' startup Keebo raises £5 million in seed funding 52:00
- Starling tops CMA ratings for business banking quality 53:45
- HSBC joining the bank card accessibility push with new ‘vertical’ designs 54:44
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and co., joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Rod Lockhart and Sam Maule.
- Chime raises $750m at $25bn valuation
- LendInvest secures £150m partnership with Barclays and HSBC
- JP Morgan and AmEx invest in Plaid
- UK banks plan to share branches as regulator seeks to block closures
- Brex buys Israel’s Weav
- 'Personalised credit' startup Keebo raises £5 million in seed funding
- Starling tops CMA ratings for business banking quality
- HSBC joining the bank card accessibility push with new ‘vertical’ designs