Manage episode 300656942 series 41400
The DFINITY Foundation is a not-for-profit scientific research organization with a mission to build, promote, and maintain the Internet Computer. The IC is a layer 1 smart contract enabled blockchain which achieves remarkable scaling properties through native sharding.
We were joined by Founder and Chief Scientist of DFINITY, Dominic Williams, who explained his deep support for smart contracts, gave us an insight into the Internet Computer Ecosystem, and shared his visions for its future.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Dominic's background and an update on DFINITY
- The advantages of smart contracts
- The Internet Computer ecosystem
- How DFINITY compares to Ethereum
- The concept of sharding - subnets
- The tokenomics of The Internet Computer
- Vision for the Internet Computer's future
- Gnosis Safe: Gnosis Safe is a smart wallet for securely managing digital assets and allows you to define customized access permissions. - https://epicenter.rocks/gnosissafe
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst & Martin Köppelmann. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/406