Dealing with toddler meltdowns or an angsty teen who doesn’t want to talk? Our parenting pros from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach provide real-life solutions based on the latest scientific research. Find the series on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcast app and subscribe today. Send us an email: email@example.com. Find us on Facebook or Twitter: @scienceofparent. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or acc ...
Iowa State University Extension public [search 0]
Best Iowa State University Extension podcasts we could find (updated July 2020)
Best Iowa State University Extension podcasts we could find
Updated July 2020
Updated July 2020
Join millions of Player FM users today to get news and insights whenever you like, even when you're offline. Podcast smarter with the free podcast app that refuses to compromise. Let's play!
Join the world's best podcast app to manage your favorite shows online and play them offline on our Android and iOS apps. It's free and easy!
This show is a production of the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Small Farm Sustainability program. We will be discussing all things small farm, acreage living, and sustainable agriculture related.
Todd Gleason is a farm broadcaster located on the Urbana Champaign campus of the University of Illinois. He works for University of Illinois Extension and with Illinois Public Media. websites www.narrowrow.com www.ifr.illinois.edu www.willag.org twitter https://twitter.com/commodityweek @commodityweek
Conservation Chat, hosted by anthropologist Jacqueline Comito, is a podcast series that explores the relationship between conservation, soil, water, agriculture, and the people of Iowa. This is accomplished through thoughtful interviews with farmers and rural and urban residents about conservation and water quality in the state. Comito is the Director of Iowa Learning Farms, an Iowa State University Extension and Outreach program that has been building a culture of conservation statewide for ...
Did You Know continues the mission of Iowa State Extension and Outreach, bringing you well researched information about, well, everything. It brings the University to you! Did You Know is a collaborative production of ISU Extension and Outreach and Siouxland Public Media.
This course is designed to provide you with information on principles and practices in vegetable production. Topics will include crop classification; planting methods; crop climatic conditions, physiological growth and development; soil, water, and pest management; organic production; cover cropping; crop rotation; season extension strategies; and postharvest handling.
- Curt Kimmel, BatesCom.net- Todd Hubbs, ILLINOIS Extension- Mark Russo, Riskpulse.com- Greg Johnson, AndersonsGrain.comBy Todd E. Gleason
The United States Department of Agriculture is counting heavily on soybean exports in the coming year. Todd Gleason has more on what this means for the American farmer.By Todd E. Gleason
Wet and warm conditions over some key soybean growing regions pressured soybean prices recently. The prospect of a good soybean crop places added emphasis on demand over the next year. Soybean consumption in 2020-21 shows a substantial increase driven mostly by expanded exports in the recent WASDE report. A robust recovery in domestic and world eco…
The off-target Dicamba herbicide load in the Iowa landscape is easy to see. Iowa State Extension Weed Scientist Bob Hartzler went looking for himself last Thursday (July 9, 2020).By Todd E. Gleason
Panelists - Eric Snodgrass, NutrienAgSolutions.com - Jacquie Voeks, TotalFarmMarketing.com - Dave Chatterton, SFarmMarketing.com - Matt Bennett, AgMarket.netBy Todd E. Gleason
- Mike Zuzolo, GlobalAnalytics.biz- Bob Hartzler, Iowa State University ExtensionBy Todd E. Gleason
The 21st explores rural mental health in Illinois, particularly as it relates to farmers and how the pandemic has put additional strain on farming communities.By Todd E. Gleason
- Dan Zwicker, Zwicker Consulting- Todd Hubbs, ILLINOIS Extension- Mike Tannura, tstorm.net- Matt Bennett, AgMarket.netBy Todd E. Gleason
Ag economists from the University of Illinois have been working to fit the June USDA reports & current crop conditions into the upcoming monthly supply and demand tables. Todd Gleason has more on their expectations for tomorrow's / today's (Friday, July 10, 2020) World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates.…
Discover these three strategies for learning how to find the right household balance for today—and tomorrow. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on Facebook or Twitter: @scienceofparent. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.e…
- Jacquie Voeks, TotalFarmMarketing.com- Gary Schnitkey, ILLINOIS Extension- Drew Lerner, WorldWeather.ccBy Todd E. Gleason
In this episode, Joe Hannan, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Commercial Horticulturist, interviews Steve Strasheim, of Twisted River Farm, to get a farmer's perspective on the market throughout COVID-19.
- Wayne Nelson, L&M Commodities- USDA Weekly Crop Progress State Reports- Don Day, DayWeather.com- Todd Hubbs, ILLINOIS ExtensionBy Todd E. Gleason
Prevented Plant Impacts on 2019 Illinois Grain Farms IncomesIn 2019, spring weather was very wet, and many farmers in Illinois had prevented plant (PP) acres. Compared to 2018 incomes, 2019 incomes declined more for those farms that had a larger proportion of their acres in PP. While some have suggested that PP payments may overcompensate farmers, …
The Acreage and Grain Stocks reports, released on June 30, produced some surprises for the corn market. The drop in acreage spurred a rally in corn prices and injected some optimism into the corn outlook moving into the 2020 marketing year. The market turns to weather forecasts and the upcoming WASDE report for price formation over the short term.…
Companies along the food and fiber supply chain are thinking through how to incentivize clean water and conservation practices while providing for consumers' wants and demands.By Todd E. Gleason
- Curt Kimmel, BatesCom.net- Mark Russo, Riskpulse.com- Harry Cooney, Growmark.comBy Todd E. Gleason
- Matt Bennett, AgMarket.net- "Sustainable" Row Crops, ILSustainableAg.org- Mike Tannura, tstorm.netBy Todd E. Gleason
To our listeners and viewers, thanks for sticking with us for a season and a half so far! We've decided to take this week off to relax for the 4th of July holiday. In the place of a regular podcast, we wanted to share our outtakes from our very first recording - the podcast trailer! Enjoy, and we will see you next week! Send us an email: parenting@…
- Jacquie Voeks, TotalFarmMarketing.com- Drew Lerner, WorldWeather.ccBy Todd E. Gleason
Episode 28 | Managing Water at the Edge of the Field with Saturated Buffers by Todd E. GleasonBy Todd E. Gleason
Recapping USDA's June Grain Stocks & Acreage Reports by Todd E. GleasonBy Todd E. Gleason
REGISTER https://ilsustainableag.org/home-2/isaps-2020-risk-management-webinar-series/Thursday at 11am central University of Illinois Extension agricultural policy specialist Jonathan Coppess will keynote a webinar on the future of consumer demand fro sustainably raised crops.By Todd E. Gleason
- USDA Acreage & Grains Stocks- Wayne Nelson, L&M Commodities- USDA Weekly Crop Progress State Reports- Don Day, DayWeather.com- Jonathan Coppess, ILLINOIS ExtensionBy Todd E. Gleason
- Curt Kimmel, BatesCom.net- Jason Franken, Western Illinois University- Mark Russo, riskpulse.com- Greg Johnson, AndersonsGrain.comBy Todd E. Gleason
The June Hogs and Pigs report from the United States Department of Agriculture showed an increase in the size of the national herd. Todd Gleason has some of the reasons why.By Todd E. Gleason
In this episode Joe Hannan, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Commercial Horticulturist, gives a late June update on what's happening here in Iowa! In this episode Joe mentions plans for a DIY hand washing station, those plans can be found at https://blog.uvm.edu/cwcallah/2020/06/09/improving-handwashing-stations/.…
- Mike Zuzolo, GlobalAnalytics.biz- Nick Seiter, ILLINOIS Extension Entomologist- Laura Christianson, University of Illinois | Crop Sciences- Eric Snodgrass, NutrienAgSolutions.comBy Todd E. Gleason
Panelsits - Matt Bennett, AgMarket.net - Chuck Shelby, RMCommodities.com - Joe Vaclavik, StandardGrain.comBy Todd E. Gleason
- Dan Zwicker, Zwicker Consulting- Mike Tannura, tstorm.net- Matt Bennett, AgMarket.netBy Todd E. Gleason
You have just enough time to listen to Gary Schnitkey talk about how it may be possible to build production practice history (no-till, cover crops) into the price of farmland and to register for the 11am central webinar.REGISTER https://ilsustainableag.org/home-2/isaps-2020-risk-management-webinar-series/…
The farmdoc team at the University of Illinois has created a model projecting the average fall price for corn and soybean futures in October. University of Illinois Agricultural Economist Gary Schnitkey says, at USDA's current projected yields, it puts December corn futures at $3.10 and November Soybean futures at $8.36.…
Do you know your strengths as a parent? Check out our 12 characteristics to discover your parenting strengths, then learn how to make a plan for utilizing them. Send us an email: email@example.com. Find us on Facebook or Twitter: @scienceofparent. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or ac…
- Gary Schnitkey, ILLINOIS Extension- ILSustainableAg.org to Register- Drew Lerner, WorldWeather.ccBy Todd E. Gleason
In this episode I interview Dr. Donald Lewis, Iowa State University Professor and Extension and Outreach Entomologist, to talk about mosquitoes this summer!
- Wayne Nelson, L&M Commodities- USDA Weekly Crop Progress State Reports- Don Day, DayWeather.com- Dan O'Brien, K-State ExtensionBy Todd E. Gleason
Next week (June 30th) USDA will release the quarterly grain stocks report for corn. These numbers have not been updated since March. Todd Gleason reports they will reflect consumption patterns during the coronavirus pandemic.By Todd E. Gleason
- Curt Kimmel, BatesCom.net- Todd Hubbs, ILLINOIS Extension- Mark Russo, riskpulse.com- Greg Johnson, AndersonsGrain.comBy Todd E. Gleason
- Mike Zuzolo, GlobalAnalytics.biz- Eric Snodgrass, NutrienAgSoltuions.comBy Todd E. Gleason
In this episode Olivia Hanlon, Iowa State University Extension Farm, Food and Enterprise Development Extension Specialist, interviews Kendra Meyer, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Extension Program Specialist & Executive Secretary with the Iowa Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association, and talk about the upcoming Iowa Fruit and Vegetabl…
Panelists - Dale Durchholz, Grain Cycles - Elaine Kub, ElaineKub.com - Mike Zuzolo, GlobalAnalytics.bizBy Todd E. Gleason
- Dan Zwicker, Zwicker Consulting- Aaron Hager, ILLINOIS Extension- Mike Tannura, tstorm.net- Matt Bennett, AgMarket.netBy Todd E. Gleason
Five of the remaining seven days (adjust to reflect June 25) farmers have to apply Dicamba products to soybeans in Illinois are a no-go.By Todd E. Gleason
Flip the switch on stress by learning how to gain resiliency. Learn how to pull stress apart—it might be as easy as switching to paper plates. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on Facebook or Twitter: @scienceofparent. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquir…
- Jacquie Voeks, TotalFarmMarketing.com- WILLAg News- ILSustainableAg.org Webinar Series- Drew Lerner, WorldWeather.ccBy Todd E. Gleason
ILSustainableAg.orgThursday, June 18 the Illinois Sustainable Ag Partnership will kick off a 3-part webinar series highlighting the use of land stewardship and soil health management as a tool to mitigate production and market risks. The first webinar in the free series features Eric Snodgrass from Nutrien Ag Solutions discussing water, rainfall, a…
- Jon Hester, L&M Commodities- Todd Hubbs, ILLINOIS Extension- USDA Weekly Crop Progress State Reports- Don Day, DayWeather.com- Dave Chatterton, SFarmMarketing.comBy Todd E. Gleason
The 2020 soybean crop is off to a good start and there is not much reason to think it won't yield well this fall. That's one of the fundamental pegs a university of Illinois Extension ag economist has been watching related to where price for the crop is headed. Todd Gleason has more...By Todd E. Gleason
Dicamba herbicide products designed for use with GMO cotton and soybean have been pulled from the marketplace, or at least are in the process of being pulled. This is the result of a lawsuit filed by plaintiffs including the National Family Farm Coalition. Todd Gleason talked with the president of NFFC about the reasons why the farmer organization …
- Curt Kimmel, BatesCom.net- Jim Goodman, NFFC.netNational Family Farm Coalition & Dicamba- Mark Russ, Riskpuls.comBy Todd E. Gleason