Manage episode 251915707 series 2394134
Kunle hosts today's show, he talks about 9 to-dos every direct-to-consumer marketing team should have in order to unlock sales growth in 2020. Here is a summary list of what was discussed:
- The growth triad: AOV, Conversion Rate, Traffic (returning / new)
- Push Notifications
- Unify your messaging strategy - synergise it
- Reduce the amount you're discounting
- Drive a lot of focus on brand
- Frame and tell your brand’s stories
- Leave visual and audio-visual footprints
- Work nurturing a community
- What emotions does your brand evoke
- Sell internationally
- Know your customers even more - carry out more surveys
- Drive multi-channel selling -> go headless and also explore new channels to sell e.g. messenger (email transactions might be a thing in 2020)
This episode is brought to you by:
What do sophisticated D2C brands like ColourPop, Huckberry, and Custom Ink all have in common?
They rely on Klaviyo, the growth marketing platform chosen by more than 25,000 online businesses.
With a dedicated team of experts and a platform that consumes more data than any other on the market, Klaviyo helps you own the customer experience and grow higher-value relationships.
From a shopper’s first impression to each subsequent purchase, Klaviyo understands every interaction, empowering brands to create more personalized marketing moments. When you have a 360-degree view of the customer, the growth possibilities are endless.
Visit klaviyo.com/2x to get Klaviyo’s holiday planning guide.
Rewind - Cloud Backups
Let's take a quick break to talk about screwing up. Accidents happen. Maybe you installed an app and it messed up your theme, or a CSV import wrecked your product catalogue. Common myth; Shopify and BigCommerce have a backup that you can use when something goes wrong with your store. Untrue! They don't! Myth busted. So what do you do? You use Rewind to protect your Shopify or BigCommerce store with automatic backups.Rewind should be the first app you install to protect your store against human error, misbehaving apps, or collaborators gone bad. It’s like having your very own magic undo button. Trusted by over 25,000 business from side hustles to the biggest online retailers like Gymshark, MVMT Watches and Pampers. Want to get a 30-day free trial? Head over to rewind.io signup and install the app. Either respond to any of their welcome emails or send them a message with a mention of the '2x ecommerce Podcast' to get your first month absolutely free. Enjoy peace of mind with Rewind Backups.