Manage episode 243774526 series 2394134
In this interview with Reza Khadjavi, CEO of Shoelace. He tells us why the era of paid advertising arbitrage is over and how marketing should evolve with the rising cost of CAC and the need to serve the right messages at the right stage of their customer journey.
Here is a summary of what was discussed:
- The early 2010s was the golden age of Facebook and Google advertising which gave rise the direct-to-consumer boom
- Brands made profitable sales on the first transaction which is very difficult to do now
- Brand is important to drive retention
- How do we do brand? Storytelling (Outdoor Voices tells its customers that they do not need to be athletic to use their gear)
- What role does paid advertising play?
- How do you use paid advertising at the mid-funnel and bottom-funnel with effective retargeting
- Get started with storytelling - who is the customer and how does their life change when they buy from us?
FACEBOOK GROUP...CONTINUE OUR CONVERSATIONThe eCommerce GrowthAccelerator Mastermind Facebook Group has just launched. It is a community... ✔️ for founders and experts passionately involved in eCommerce ✔️ for the truly ambitious wanting to make an impact in the markets they serve ✔️ for those willing and open to help and share with other members Here is where to apply to join the Facebook group >>http://bit.ly/ecommercefb