Manage episode 272857998 series 1542236
In this episode, Brandon and Lauren discuss: methods of cooking lean meats - barding, larding and confit; preserving (and tenderizing) a side of beef by hanging it; how it is that beef can be both dry and juicy at the same time; and how to make a deliciously tender meal from a tough cut of meat.Introduction and Announcements:
- FREE - Murray Carter's Blade Sharpening Fundamentals film now available free of charge on YouTube!
- FAMILY PIG CLASSES -- a great Christmas gift! Registration now open for our January 2021 classes!
- To Harvest a Pig Nicely is available FREE of charge on our YouTube channel!
- Membership is open!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code: "60daytrial"
- Membership forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- Gain membership to our exclusive Facebook Meatsmith Table group and help us produce more episodes by supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- Barding and larding lean meats (and confit), 1:28
- The key to not curing beef - hanging, 4:10
- How dry-aging tenderizes beef and makes it more juicy, 5:36
- Bacon lattice chuck roast, 15:18
- Conventional names of the back end of a beef, 23:57
- We've discovered Pho! Another use for our broth..., 32:02
- Manual of a Traditional Bacon Curer by Maynard Davies: https://www.amazon.com/Manual-Traditional-Bacon-Maynard-Davies/dp/1906122083