Real Punk Radio podcast Network brings you the best in Punk, Rock, Underground Music around! From Classic Oi!, Psychobilly and Hardcore to some Classic Rock n Roll and 90's indie Alt Rock greatness!! With Tons of Live DJ's that like to Talk Music From Garage Rock, to Ska.. We are True MUSIC GEEKS!
Episode 140: The Savants of Soul, R McClure & Tall Shadows, Jean-Luc Swift, Buck n Sunny, Olivia Ellen Lloyd, Drayton Farley, Great Peacock, Ron Pope, Dawn Riding, The Roland High Life, Izzy Heltai, American Darling Valve, Greater Bird of Paradise, Front
Manage episode 274047763 series 1999041
By Rachel Cholst. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Rachel’s students are getting creative, but not in the ways you’d want them to. Also, hi everyone in India! Album of the Week: Izzy Heltai -- Father I’ve been a supporter of Izzy’s since he first sent me a song through SubmitHub all on his own. For his first album, though, Heltai pulled out the big guns -- and deservedly so. Father is nothing if not emotionally naked -- a study in painterly lyrics, and Heltai’s theatrical delivery doesn’t hurt either. What stands out most, though, is the album’s lush production, an impressive demonstration of vision and control for a debut album. My interview with Izzy will be out on Country Queer Spotlight in a few weeks, and there you’ll be able to learn more about his workman-like approach to writing, and how his experience as a trans man has impacted his work as a musician.
- The Savants of Soul -- “Swell” (The Savants of Soul)
- R McClure & Tall Shadows -- “If Your Heart Starts A Wanderin’” (Never Love Me Again)
- Jean-Luc Swift -- “Uncle Bill’s New York City Lament” (New York City Lament)
- Buck n Sunny -- “We Were Meant to Be” (The Absolute Truth)
- Olivia Ellen Lloyd -- “Emily” (Single)
- Drayton Farley -- “Keep Country Music Sad” (Sweet Southern Sadness)
- Great Peacock -- “All I Ever Do” (Forever Worse Better)
- Ron Pope -- “A Little More Love” (feat. Von Grey) (Single)
- Dawn Riding -- “The Difference” (Single)
- The Roland High Life -- “This Town Ain’t Big Enough for Both Of Our Sadness” (Songs About Comic Books & Mid-30s Malaise)
- Izzy Heltai -- “Songbird” (Father)
- American Darling Valve -- “No More” (Eclipse EP)
- Greater Bird of Paradise -- “Uriel” (Single)
- Front Country -- “Amerikan Dream” (Single)
- Malena Cadiz -- “Hey There, Oblivion” (Single)