In The Filmcast, hardcore geeks David Chen, Devindra Hardawar, and Jeff Cannata debate, pontificate, and delve into the latest films, TV shows, and other entertainment-related items from the past week. Weekly guests include everyday bloggers, webmaster luminaries, film directors, and movie stars from all walks of life. You can reach us at email@example.com and find more podcast episodes at http://www.thefilmcast.com
Manage episode 307379404 series 1534678
By Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, Zach Saltz, Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, and Zach Saltz. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Recorded - 11/14/21
On this episode of the Almost Sideways Movie Podcast, we review a possible awards contender new to Netflix and a Best Picture frontrunner new to theaters. Then, we review one of Todd's favorites from 15 years ago. Here are the highlights:
- What We've Been Watching
- Zach Review: The French Dispatch (5:50)
- Todd's Matt Dillon Review: City of Ghosts (10:30)
- Terry's Oscar Anniversary Review: In Darkness (12:50)
- Featured Review: Passing (17:00)
- Featured Review: Belfast (30:00)
- Deep Dive: Alpha Dog
- Trivia (42:00)
- Mt. Rushmore: Second Generation Directors & Recasting (1:06:40)
- Highest WAR, Worst Performance, Minor Character (1:38:30)
- Stickman, Douchebag, Scene (1:52:30)
- If There Were a Sequel, Gripes, and Conspiracies (2:02:30)
- LVP, MVP, Quote of the Day (2:08:50)
If you can't subscribe, listen here.
Find AlmostSideways everywhere!
AlmostSideways Twitter: @almostsideways