Manage episode 272904370 series 2655691
Audience Questions for ep. 29 of Ask Kati Anything!
- Hi Kati - can you please talk about ways on how to communicate our needs and hurts to our friends without feeling like an exposed nerve when we do it? I grew up in a family that was great at being practical but was somewhat terrible at communicating honestly and being open with sharing their feelings (I'm Russian)...
- What do you recommend for those who tend to isolate themselves when they’re feeling down or depressed? I push everyone I know away, and ultimately it...
- Hey Kati I am well into my 30s now but still, feel stuck in a very childlike brain. I feel very incapable of doing adult things...
- Hi Kati, how is it 'normal' to want your therapist to worry about you? I certainly don't exaggerate my issues but I just constantly crave her attention and it makes me feel heard and seen. It also just makes me feel like my eating disorder is more 'real' if...
- Hi Kati! I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to stop having intrusive memories. I’ve always looked at past memories with a feeling of dread because I would always recall memories with...
- Hi Kati, what can we do when positive coping skills just feel too exhausting, too much, too uncomfortable, and too boring? I feel like there is so much I need to do to keep my physical and mental health and I think I really resent it. I feel like a lot of coping skills I am told feel like...
- Hi Kati! What is the difference between dissociation and brain fog? I often (most of the time) feel cut off from the world and unable to take in reality. I "zone out", especially when overstimulated, and I'm not sure what I'm...
- Hi Kati, can you talk about having an emotionally unintelligent parent and how that might affect us? I have been going to therapy for about 4 months now and know now that my mom is emotionally unintelligent. She can be very...
- Hi Kati - I'm a sexual abuse survivor who is currently in therapy. I've addressed the trauma, confronted my abuser, and gotten rid of the triggers that used to occur during sex itself, but I still have one nagging issue that I can't seem to get rid of...
- What does it mean when my therapist asks me to imagine or think back to something, and I can only think about the fact that I need to imagine or think back to something?
- Hey Kati! How do therapists feel when a client tells you that they are having suicidal thoughts?
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
KATI'S BOOK is in stores now!
"Are u ok?"
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. Please visit: MORE INFO
I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)