Manage episode 180810634 series 1450285
It's the 'Ask The Festival Lawyer' Podcast
In this week’s “Ask the Festival Lawyer” podcast, Cameron and Jason answer a question from the audience about the recent use of drug dogs at the Sunset Music Festival.
The two discuss how the Supreme Court has ruled on prior drug dog cases, discuss issues surrounding drug dogs falsely alerting on festival goers as well as giving you tips for how to handle yourself should a drug dog alert on you.
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Article about Sunset music festival arrests.
- Article from Animal Cognition magazine discussing issues surrounding drug dogs falsely alerting
- Tips and summary of your rights when dealing with drug dogs
- Australia Ombudsman report on “Sniffer” dogs
- Lonely Island “YOLO” video
Disclaimer: Although the Festival Lawyer is a lawyer he is not YOUR lawyer. The ATFL column gives general information about legal topics, NOT legal advice. The law is complex, varies a great deal from state to state, and each factual situation is different. Also, “The Festival Lawyer” is a fictional character. Think of the Festival Lawyer more like a legal spirit guide, encouraging you to educate and inform yourself.
If you have a question for the podcast you can email Cameron and Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.