Manage episode 282836069 series 1397548
Most of us are not comfortable with our unpleasant feelings. We tend to avoid, numb out or distract ourselves from feeling their discomfort.
Knowing how to deal with intense, overwhelming and uncomfortable feelings is essential to building confidence, resilience and authenticity. Yet when we disconnect or distract from these feelings we move away from confidence, health, desired pursuits ultimately undermining our ability to fully realize our ambitions.
The formula: 1 Choice, 8 Feelings, 90 Seconds
GET THE BOOK
- Ep. 129: How to Listen to Children's Big Feelings
- Ep. 148: The Upside of Your Dark Site with Todd Kashdan, PhD
- 149: Anger with Russell Kolts, PhD
- Ep. 153: Anxiety with Dennis Tirch, PhD
- Ep. 150; Fear with Kristen Ulmer
- Ep. 152: Boredom with Hans Wilhelm
- 155: Tears and Crying with Ad Vingerhoets, PhD
BECOME A SUPPORTER OF THE SHOW
1. With your support we can continue the production of the podcast uninterruptedly.
2. One time donations are also deeply appreciated.
FULL SHOW NOTES
I help overwhelmed, frustrated parents who want to parent differently than their parents, make sense of their early childhood experiences, connect to their authentic self and their children on a deeper level, reduce stress, bring more ease, calm and joy into their lives by yelling less, and practicing non-punitive discipline.
WORK WITH ME
Listeners of the podcast get 10% on my coaching services.
I would be thrilled to support you in your parenting journey!
- Click here to get started with my Introductory (3 Sessions) Package or REAL Change Package - 6 Private Coaching Sessions-worldwide! :)
- Court-Ordered Parenting Classes (in person NJ, NY,and PA residents only)
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VALUABLE!
Do you have a comment, question, or a takeaway about this episode or the podcast in general?
- USA listeners call 732-763-2576 right now and leave a voicemail.
- International listeners use the FREE Speak Pipe tool on my website. Add your voice. It matters!
- Email: email@example.com
SUBMIT YOUR PARENTING QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN THE SHOW:
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
NEED PARENTING SUPPORT?
Thanks for listening!
Anna Seewald, M.Ed, M.Psy
Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author