Manage episode 272543715 series 2789138
146 Understanding WAAS GPS Approach Minimums + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you're thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you'd like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Summary 146 Max talks about the seven different kinds of minimums used on WAAS-based GPS Approaches. These include LPV, LNAV/VNAV, LNAV, LP, LNAV+V, LP+V, and circling minimums. To measure GPS errors, the FAA has installed GPS receivers at 38 locations in North America. Error information from these sites is uplinked to two new geosynchronous satellites that retransmit it to WAAS-capable receivers.
- Furloughed pilots deliver thousands of face shields to Michigan hospitals
- UK TV personality donates plane to carry PPE
- New Zealand doctor transports coronavirus samples in Cessna
- Jabiru Aircraft make face shields to help health workers
- Aerobridge looking for volunteers to fly PPE
- FSANA writes letter to the President offering help
- GA companies helping with coronavirus relief
- Tamarack making face masks
- Cirrus making face shields and powered respirators
- FAA Launches Coronavirus Site
- Tornado hits Monroe, LA airport
- ACLU sues Baltimore Police over contract for private planes
- Fire at a Florida airport destroyed more than 3,500 rental cars
- Least Expected U.S. Pandemic Effect? Airport Monkeys
- Robbers escape by air after stealing gold bars from mine
Mentioned in the Show FAA Coronavirus website Donate one Hobbs hour of money to coronavirus charities Scott Dennstaedt’s Pilot Tip on Wind Shear Videos Mentioned in the Show Video: Flight Attendant Working at Home Xavion app displays wake turbulence at 10:42 in video
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon - Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we'll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.