210. My Response to Instagram Comments on Victim Blaming, Social Media Bullying and Taking Self Responsibility
Manage episode 269480812 series 1313821
I'm fired up in this episode, and what I thought I should say (including censoring my words) to address the social media reactions I received from a post on my Instagram feed this week- is not actually what I want to say. There is zero filtering happening here because this is something I am so passionate about!
I have zero tolerance for social media bullies, and others attacking those who have a different viewpoint.
Warning: There are some F words in this episode so listen with headphones if little ears are around!
This episode covers:
- Victim-blaming vs taking self-responsibility for our life
- The DV community approaches things from a victim/perpetrator stance, which doesn't work for every woman
- Why I set social media boundaries and block disrespectful comments
- Everything is open for interpretation and perception
- What being emotionally reactive and triggered actually means
- Social media shaming
- Harassment, character attacks, slandering, personal judgments, and verbal abuse online (or anywhere) is never justified
Everyone is free to hold their own beliefs and views, including me.
If you're with me and are ready to move toward healing, peace, and empowerment, get on the End The Cycle waitlist for the September session.
As always, ways to work with me can be found at leanneoaten.com