Manage episode 262931125 series 2530861
Thinking of creating your own online course? This podcast is for you! My guest today is Matt Ragland, also known as The Bullet Journal Guy. He's a YouTuber, writer, vlogger, productivity expert, and the Director of Creator Success at Podia, an online course platform made especially for freelancers, solopreneurs, and creators.
This episode is all about how and why to build your first online course, plus overcoming procrastination while working from home.
- Is now a good time to create your first online course?
- Is the online course market saturated?
- How to know if you should make an online course?
- Where to start if you want to create an online course?
- How do you pick an online course topic that people care about?
- What are the best platforms for online courses?
- Which platform is the cheapest? Podia, Udemy, Teachable, Skillshare, or Kajabi?
- Do you need an email list or audience to sell an online course?
- How much money can you make selling online courses?
Then, we cover Matt's tips on productivity and procrastination:
- How can you stay productive working from home with a spouse and kids?
- How to balance your full-time job with your side hustle, especially during a pandemic?
- How to motivate yourself to work when you don't feel like it?
- Who should start a YouTube channel in 2020?
In the lightning round, we discuss what we miss from normal life, what we're looking forward to when the quarantine is over, and where we'll travel first.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link to try Podia, a platform I use, at no additional cost to you while helping to support the show!
Support the Badass Digital Nomads Podcast:
- Become a Patron and access exclusive content
- Leave a 5* review of Badass Digital Nomads on iTunes
- Screenshot your favorite episode and share on social media!
- Leave a voice message
- Leave feedback, share who you are, or recommend a guest (survey)
Connect With Me on Socials: