Manage episode 272140624 series 2530861
Learn how to retire early with the FIRE Method (Financial Independence Retire Early). Eric Richards of Nomad on Fire podcast explains how you can become financially and location-independent even if you're a big spender, new to investing or "bad" at math and budgeting.
You'll also find out the three most effective ways to save money, how to become financially independent while a location-independent digital nomad, the best travel credit cards, what the cost-of-living is in Bali and Medellín, and more.
- Bali reopening and cost-of-living
- What is the FIRE method and 4% rule?
- How much do you need to save to retire early?
- How long does it take to achieve FIRE?
- Different approaches to the FIRE method and passive income (cash flow or draw down approach)
- Quitting your corporate job
- Burnout and work-life balance
- How Eric saved money while a employed full-time
- How to avoid lifestyle inflation
- How to balance your job and side hustle
- How to stay productive and organize your time when you work for yourself
- How to balance ambition with happiness
- How to figure out what you want from life
- Living in Medellin, Colombia and monthly cost-of-living
- Remote Year - is it worth it?
- What should you do once you have it "all?" What’s next in life after achieving financial and location independence?
SHOW NOTES & RESOURCES
- FIRE Method
- Remote Year
- When is Bali Reopening?
- Which Countries Can Americans Travel To?:
- Related podcast episodes:
- Parkinson’s Law
- Wealthfront Robo-Investor
CONNECT WITH ERIC
WORK WITH KRISTIN
- Book a private consultation
- Join the Make Money Mentorship 6-week program (Special offer for podcast listeners $100 off)
- Relocate abroad with Orbis Relocation or Poker Refugees
Support the Badass Digital Nomads Podcast:
- Become a Patron
- Review on Apple Podcasts
- Leave a voice message
- Submit a question or recommend a guest (feedback survey)
- Buy new Badass Digital Nomads Merch (Teespring.com/Stores/TravelingwithKristin)
Connect With Kristin on Socials:
Podcast descriptions may contain affiliate links of products and services we use and recommend at no additional cost to you.