Manage episode 212088793 series 8241
This is the second episode in our series on Islam in West Africa.
In this episode, we're going to explore the origins of the Empire of Mali. We'll also take a look at two of its most popular rulers: Sundiata and Mansa Musa. Sundiata is mostly known through the Epic of Sundiata. While Mansa Musa is mostly known because of his famous Hajj pilgrimage.
After the show is over, be sure to visit the Show Notes page.
The Show Notes are available at IslamicLearningMaterials.com/Mali
Here's some of what you'll find:
- The transcript of this episode
- Social media links to follow the podcast
- Links to other related resources
You can support the Islamic History Podcast by doing one (or more) of the following:
- Give a monthly pledge on Patreon (great stuff awaits you if you do)
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share with your friends and family
You can do it all and more on the Show Notes page: IslamicLearningMaterials.com/Mali