Manage episode 248239998 series 60397
What was everyday life like for average men and women in early America?
Listeners ask this question more than any other question and today we continue to try to answer it.
Michelle Marchetti Coughlin, author of One Colonial Woman's World: The Life and Writings of Mehetabel Chandler Coit, joins us to explore the life of an average woman who lived in early New England.
This episode originally posted as Episode 032.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/269 Sponsor Links
- Episode 022: Vivian Bruce Conger, Deborah Read Franklin & Sally Franklin Bache
- Episode 145: Rosemarie Zaggari, Mercy Otis Warren & the American Revolution
- Episode 150: Woody Holton, Abigail Adams, Revolutionary Speculator
- Episode 223: Susan Sleeper-Smith, A Native American History of the Ohio River Valley & Great Lakes Region
- Episode 237: Nora Doyle, Motherhood in Early America
- Episode 244: Kimberly Alexander, Shoe Stories from Early America
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Facebook Group
- Ben Franklin’s World Twitter: @BFWorldPodcast
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
*Books purchased through the links on this post will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.