Manage episode 260929188 series 2415578
$100 Million Business | Marek Zmyslowski, Investing in Africa
$100 Million Business | Marek Zmyslowski, Private Investor | Top 10 Person in Tech | Co Founded Jumia Travel
Marek Zmyslowski, spends his life between Barcelona and South Africa. Marek is an accomplished leader and entrepreneur. His home is Africa but he is polish born. He co-founded Jumia Travel – Africa’s Biggest Hotel Booking Portal listed on NYSE as part of Jumia Group and HotelOnline.co – a Travel Technology Company. In 2014, he was chosen as one of the Ten Most Important People in Tech by IT News Africa Magazine. He is a Lead Mentor at Google’s Launchpad and World Bank’s XL Africa Program.
From a bullied child, he became successful and was able to buy a fancy car and drive it back through his old neighbourhood. Now in business he often looks to hire people who were raised in spots as they are disciplined or people who were bullied as they have a drive that is unmatched. Marek also speaks about increasing your chances of success by having your hands in many things and then doubling down on the one that is taking off. He thrives at the first stage of a business 0 – $1 Million then delegates as much as possible from $1-10 Million, he is always looking for the unfair advantage.
Marek has a great ebook available on his website “Chasing Black Unicorns. How building the Amazon of Africa put me on Interpol Most Wanted list”, you can find the link to his ebook in the resources.
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Marek discuss:
- You need to have your hands in many things
- The further you are in business the more opportunities you have
- Launched a new product in telemedicine in a few days
- Always looking for the low hanging fruit
- More opportunities – more chances for success
- Leverage relationships
- Partner with the right people
Best Advice I Ever Received:
“Don’t listen to too much advice”
Best Advice I’d Give To Someone Who Wants To Build A $10m+ Business:
In order to get from $1 mIllion to $10 million, you will have to unlearn many things that got you from $0-$1 Million
Connect with Marek:
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher
- Melissa on $10+ M Exit- Melissa Krivachek, Melissa Krivachek Companies
- Nancy Showalter on $20M Annually – Dr. Angela Lauria, The Author Incubator
- Steve Olsher on $10+ M Exit- Melissa Krivachek, Melissa Krivachek Companies
- Megan on $10+ M Exit- Melissa Krivachek, Melissa Krivachek Companies
- solsher on $11M Exit- Viki Winterton, Expert Insights Publishing
- Follow your passionby Allison's itunes from United States
Loved it. I loved that it showed that listening to your gut and following your passion works. NOw of his ideas sounded like they would be what I would do but that doesn't matter. they were what he thought was cool and he got it. that was what that mattered. He GOT IT. Everyone else had to catch up. when they did he was there. my mind is now working overtime. where is my husband. i have to talk to him now!