Manage episode 251864478 series 2102331
Have you ever considered how your boundaries may impact how successful you are professionally? I’ve always been interested in the intersection of boundaries and business, but I’ve been digging even deeper into the topic recently as I’ve added a few people to my team. Inspired by what I've observed during this process, I'm excited to share today six ways your boundaries make you more successful!
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #80:
- From time to time, reflect on what success means to you. Try to separate your own views and beliefs from what you hear from the media or the culture, and create your own definition of success.
- Most of us are truly passionate about and highly skilled in just one to three areas. If you’re not clear about what you love to do or your strengths, you probably won’t experience much success. When you focus on your superpowers, though, you can almost always guarantee your success.
- Boundaries can help you figure out how you want to spend your time, meet deadlines, overdeliver, become more hireable, create confidence in others, and be selective about how you spend your time. All of these can help you become more successful.
Highlights from Episode #80:
- Welcome to episode 80! Vicki asks listeners an important and thought-provoking question. [00:39]
- Vicki points out that we need to define “success” before talking about success and boundaries. [02:24]
- You never know how much influence you might have on the people around you, or even the world. Vicki shares a personal example of this. [08:48]
- Vicki talks about the first of the six ways that boundaries can supercharge your success. [12:42]
- We learn the second and third ways that boundaries can make you more successful. [17:36]
- The fourth way that boundaries impact your success involves having clear guidelines for yourself about how you communicate with others. [20:47]
- When you’re clear about your talents and how you want to spend your time, you’ll become more selective which is a good thing! [23:08]
- Vicki shares the sixth and final way that boundaries can help you reach success. [25:05]
Links and Resources:
- Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- 5-Step Boundary Solution Clarifier
- Vicki Tidwell Palmer on Instagram
- Chicken Soup for the Soul 20th Anniversary Edition: All Your Favorite Original Stories Plus 20 Bonus Stories for the Next 20 Years by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark