Manage episode 282485496 series 83575
Scott McGillivray is back for this second part of his amazing interview. Last time we talked about the nitty gritty of Scott’s investments, how he started to acquire houses, and building his empire. Now we’re touching more on the mindset of what makes Scott so successful, and how you can put yourself in his shoes.
Many people may know Scott from his HGTV shows, but maybe you didn’t know he was once in a boy band. Seriously. He took dance classes, convinced his friends to join him, and sold out some shows, but the takeaway from this short-lived boy band was priceless. If you see someone else finding success with something, use their blazed trail to find success yourself.
From his boy band, to being on student council, and even the passing away of a loved one, Scott learned valuable lessonsthat he took with him for the rest of his life, and now gets to share with the BiggerPockets audience.
Scott goes on to share a story that made him pivot the direction of his life as a teenager, and lead him to become the real estate mogul he is today. Scott goes through his top pieces of advice for young people and proves how planting seeds for investments early leads to acres upon acres of residual fruits for decades to come.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Scott manages his hectic life between companies, shows, and family
- Why successful people aren’t afraid of failing
- What young or inexperienced investors should do when they feel scared of taking a risk
- Why Scott says you “can’t lose money in real estate”
- The importance of talking to those who are older and have more experience than you
- Scott’s top pieces of advice for young people just starting out their careers
- How Scott runs his companies and what he’s doing to be a better leader
- How you can be the MVP of your company
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show:
Click here to check the full show notes: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show435