Manage episode 283025093 series 83575
Marie Forleo, world class coach, marketer, and author, grew up with a mother that did everything. Whether it was retiling the bathroom, fixing a leak in the roof, or performing electrical engineering on small appliances, her mother seemed to be able to figure out almost anything. One day she told Marie “everything is figureoutable”, which became the mantra for her career.
Fast forward a decade or so, Marie is working on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, surrounded by the mega rich. She was stressed out and felt that she wasn’t in the right place. After a prayer and a cry, Marie knew she needed to get out from a job that was slowly killing her. She made the jump and went after coaching, without any experience, money, or clients.
Before she left her job she asked herself, “what is the worst case scenario if I leave”. She calculated it out, wrote it down, and realized, the worst case scenario really wasn’t all that bad.
Marie strongly believes that although you can be a victim of circumstances, you should never victimize yourself and tell yourself that you “can’t” do something. Everyone has the ability to reach their full potential, but once you start putting up excuses, it’s hard to get there.
“Feel the fear”, that’s what Marie told herself in those trying times, and continues to tell herself and her clients that everyday. As she puts it “Fear is really trying to tell you to move towards something”. As real estate investors, this is something we can all relate to, but often don’t put into practice. Well, now's the time to!
In This Episode We Cover:
- The 3 rules of “everything is figureoutable”
- The power of neuroscience and how you can use it to shape your behavior
- How would you behave if you were the best in the world at your job?
- Changing your limiting beliefs to reach something greater
- Knowing when to leave a bad job and having a plan for the worst case scenario
- Feeling the fear and running towards things that scare you
- Pulling yourself out of the victim trap (even if you are a victim)
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
Click here to check the full show notes: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show437