EP. 40: HOW WILL WE BEHAVE? RORY SUTHERLAND ON THE NEW WORLD OF WORK AND CONSUMER BEHAVIOR POST COVID-19
Manage episode 262847504 series 1485860
Rory Sutherland is a best selling author, ad man being the Vice Chairman of Ogilvy and Mather and co-founder of Ogilvy Change, a behavioral science practice where they believe the greatest gains to be made in business and society are psychological, not technological. Rory is regarded as one of marketing and advertising's most original thinkers and inspirational speakers; a cumulative 7M viewers have seen his Ted Talks.
This is Rory's second appearance on the podcast. The first episode 20, which is still very popular. Because Rory has his finger on the pulse of consumer psychology, I wanted his take on the impact of stay at home orders on our respective western consumers as the Coronavirus (hopefully) wanes.
How will our consuming and workplace behavior change?
So this is a wide-ranging conversation covering these topics and more...
- Speculating on permanent and temporary consumer behavior changes
- Behaviors that are inherently resilient
- Social norms
- The future of the workplace, commuting, public policy, travel, and movies
- Trends vs. vectors
- What does he think about marketing/advertising on the edge of a pandemic?
- What should brands do amidst all this change?
- Habits and social copying
For resources and notes see larryweeks.com