Manage episode 258404031 series 69890
As we’ve seen with the impacts of COVID-19, it’s now become necessary for the spirits industry to adopt technology and delivery services to stay alive. Cory Rellas, the CEO of Drizly, was on the forefront of this years ago. This podcast dives into their business model and how they are helping stores build a digital infrastructure to sell their goods online and get it into the hands of consumers faster. We hit on all kinds of topics such as their competitors in the market, what shipping laws could mean for Drizly, and if there is an opportunity to extend this business model into cannabis.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Barrell Craft Spirits works with distilleries from all over the world to source and blend the best ingredients into America’s most curious cask strength whiskies. Learn more at BarrellBourbon.com.
- Receive $25 off your first order at RackHouse Whiskey Club with code "Pursuit". Visit RackhouseWhiskeyClub.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about the power of packaging.
- What is Drizly?
- How did you come up with this idea?
- What's the timeline?
- What was the state of the industry when you got started?
- What were the challenges?
- Why did you go through New York early on?
- What is your big selling point to retail locations?
- Any pricing restrictions to prevent gouging?
- Talk about pricing transparency.
- How are you using the data you are acquiring?
- Are you sharing the data?
- Do you have a CRM?
- How are the products delivered to the consumer?
- How are you dealing with competition?
- Are you all interested in getting bought out?
- What's the end game?
- What happens if shipping laws change?
- What is your best selling bourbon?
- What are the top 5 selling spirit categories?
- What's your favorite bourbon?
- How do you work with brands?
- What needs to change to get more people buy alcohol online?
- Are you lobbying at all?
- Is there an opportunity with cannabis?
- What would the perfect alcohol market look like?
- What's the latest trend?