Manage episode 247644776 series 2291929
In this episode of Change It Up Radio, we’re talking about how to get through the holiday season when you're struggling with sadness and grief.
I've spent many years working with grieving people, and I know that one of the hardest times for them can be the holiday season. So, what is it about the holidays that can be so difficult for someone that's going through grief, loss, or sadness of any kind?
Well, one of the biggest contributing factors is that the holidays are all about joy. When you're feeling sad, and possibly grieving the loss of a loved one or a big change in your life, you feel isolated and even defective. You don't know what to do or how to relate to those around you that all seem so happy.
Today, I'd like to discuss some of the things that you can do if you are dealing with sadness during the holidays and share some strategies that can help you or your loved ones with growing through the holidays rather than just getting through them.
- Why the holiday season is an especially difficult time of year for people that are grieving
- Helping ourselves and others to heal and cope with grief and the many upheavals of life
- Strategies for growing through the holiday season rather than just pushing through it
- Focusing on self-care, moving at a pace that feels good, and making yourself a priority
- Being easy on yourself and taking shortcuts to help deal with hard and draining emotions
- Expressing and releasing emotions rather than pushing them down and ignoring them
- Being authentic to yourself, honoring your energy level, and acknowledging your needs
For the full show notes visit: www.ChangeItUpRadio.com