Manage episode 270308696 series 2710271
Things we talk about in this episode
- It is possible to have a business that has a mission that is much more than making money
- Asking great questions to get better results
- In some instances, as humans, as communities, we are further away from each other than we’ve ever been
- What are the patterns of how a healthy natural system flows and what can we learn from this?
- Joanna Macy describes this moment in human history as 'Exquisite'. We are in the Great Turning.
- Presence and connection as way to living well
- Mindfulness - The moment you begin to practice breathing mindfully in and out, you have the energy of a mother, to cradle and embrace the baby - Thich Nat Han
- Acting from the heart- kindness -is key
- Martin Luther King - Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic
- Trying to create a culture that is not combative but still strong
- Transactional analysis - meeting at 3 different levels - adult, child, parent
- Nature connection, protection, heart love at the adult level
- Connecting as adults - self each other and nature
- Kate Raworths- Donut Economics - revolutionary way of looking at economics
- Three forms of knowledge need to occur - thinking - being/sensing - connecting ideas, knowledge with confidence
- How do we teach resilience, connection and a capacity to see the bigger system?
- Christiana Figueres- Paris agreement
- We’re doing too much in silo’s isolation
- We need to do more to support people to work in systems with nature
- How does a healthy natural system work and what can we learn from it?
- 3 forms of knowledge
Links mentioned in this episode
Our website is www.livewild.org.uk/connectionmatterspodcast
Connect with us on instagram https://www.instagram.com/livewilduk/
My personal instagram is https://www.instagram.com/leona.connection.matters/
The music for this podcast is -Hermosa Dia by Ray Johnson https://soundcloud.com/visionray
I support new forms of human progress by working with the principles of living systems and the wisdom of nature.
The aim of The Bio-Leadership Project, founded in 2016, is to support more generative, adaptive and responsible human systems by working in partnership with the systems we are part of.
Alongside the Bio-Leadership Project, I am co-founder of Way of Nature UK, which is about hosting deeply transformative experiences in nature. At the heart of the Way of Nature process is the practice of going on a ‘quest’ alone into the wild – a process that I take much care and respect in guiding for others.
I have worked and learnt with elders and teachers from around the world, as well as first class partners in organisational learning and development. Today I work with people and institutions such as Patagonia, the World Benchmarking Alliance and the Amani Institute, and many wonderful individuals working to support new forms of progress towards a safe, long-lasting and inspiring future for all people and all planet.
I believe that our lives and human structures have become desperately disconnected from our natural systems, and that we are at an important point in history, where we might choose to realign.
I believe that to grow whole worlds, we must start as whole selves.