Manage episode 265083771 series 2710271
Things we talk about in this episode
- Gratitude for natures power to restore
- Happiness and wellbeing
- Dan’s early experience of noticing nature
- Biophilia - we all have a natural love of life and the living world; the affinity of human beings for other life forms
- The importance of adults mentoring children in nature
- The importance for nature connection for mental health
- The beauty and miracle of nature
- Kamana naturalist training programThe benefits of nature connection, recreation and education.
- Connection first and then the knowledge and desire for the details come naturally
- The benefits of mentoring through working with passions and edges
- 'The art of mentoring' and the eight shields.
- The long term benefits of long term mentoring from childhood.
- Nature connection as a gateway to healing and belonging
Links mentioned in this episode
Dan's website including 1:1 mentoring with Dan
Kamana Naturalist Training Programme
FSC Guide to British Bird Tracks and Signs by Dan Puplett
Connect with us on instagram
My personal instagram
The music for this podcast is -Hermosa Dia by Ray Johnson
Support us on patreon
Dan Puplett is a naturalist, conservationist and nature educator (and lifelong biophile). He is a certified tracker and teaches a range of naturalist skills including wildlife tracking, bird language, botany and nature connection. Dan mentors people of all ages, from Forest School kids to professional ecologists. He is also a Kamana Naturalist Training Programme instructor and an Associate Tutor for the Field Studies Council. He worked for rewilding charity Trees for Life for over a decade and continues his involvement with this project. Dan sometimes drools when he sees good tracks.