Manage episode 270865697 series 2710271
Things we talk about in this episode
- Talbarou a French retreat centre in France
- Nature Culture- An Introduction to the Art of Mentoring and the Eight Shields
- Earth Culture- An introduction to Permaculture
- Similarities between Eight Shields and Permaculture
- Differences between Eight Shields and Permaculture
- The nature connected earth based cultures that inspired the origins of both Eight Shields and Permaculture - Both Models were designed from watching the patterns of nature, what works, and how do humans interact well and then designing by those patterns
- Tree Protesting, activism, studying, exploring.
- Starting an Eco-Village
- Steward Community Woodland Eco-Village
- Art of Mentoring
- Peters first experience of Eight Shields and memories of having his heart blown open by singing and story telling and being held in grief and acceptance.
- How do these models translate in everyday modern life? How are Permaculture and the Eight Shields Model being used in real life.
- What elements are being brought into the mainstream and transforming our way of being? Grief, Gratitude,
- Positive stories of the world and being in it. An antidote to the negative media coverage that we see day in day out
- Marine Permaculture, Local community owned solar networks
- Parenting inspired by Eight Shields
- Young generations being inspired by Eight Shields and bringing it into their lives.
- Elders being inspired by Permaculture and excited about learning and making the connection
Links mentioned in this episode
Support us on Patreon
Our website is www.livewild.org.uk/connectionmatterspodcast
Connect with us on instagram https://www.instagram.com/livewilduk/
My personal instagram is https://www.instagram.com/leona.connection.matters/
The music for this podcast is -Hermosa Dia by Ray Johnson https://soundcloud.com/visionray
I support people, groups and organisations, bringing them more into their power and creativity by using Permaculture and 8 Shields Institute design principles.
I teach and convene 8 Shields Introduction weekends around the UK and Europe, I am one of the lead organisers of the UK ‘Art of Mentoring’ Camp, and along with my partner Rebecca Card i run the ‘Bringing it Home’ 8 Shields yearlong training
I also teach Permaculture Design Courses, People Permaculture courses and bespoke Permaculture trainings.
I support people individually as well, with ongoing mentoring relationships in person or on regular calls.
I love singing and music, and i have self recorded 2 albums of acoustic songs. I enjoy running in the woods and moors, wild swimming and visiting new places.
I am deeply grateful for my hobbit-cottage home on a Dartmoor farm and my partner Rebecca who i share it with, and for all the wildlife that lives around us, weaving through our lives in delightful and surprising ways.