Manage episode 268344614 series 2710271
Things we talk about in this episode
- Connection work in all the many fields is ultimately the same thing
- Science, spiritual and soul
- Tuning into our bodies to allow our capacity for pleasure
- Connection to our self is is a devotional act to yourself
- Connection to our body comes first and is the foundation
- The benefits of understanding the pleasure scale
- Healing from cancer through natural methods, connection, joy.
- The issues with living with a constantly stimulated sympathetic nervous system
- Benefits and pitfalls of our regular routine and structure and why
- Self- resourcing instead of reaching for unhealthy habits
- The human need for physical touch
- Having an approach of curiosity with our bodies
- The benefits of creating time to nourish ourselves and cultivate a strong relationship to our bodies
- Why turning towards our struggles and blockages in arted way can be groundbreaking and revolutionary.
- Trauma associated with lack of touch
- Our fear of rejection and being different
- The power of personal sovereignty
- How can we give ourselves permission to be happy, have needs, be heard and make choices that make us different
- Not saying no does not mean I am saying yes
- Body work as a way to access suppressed fear, anger to release trauma
- Letting go of past trauma as a way to accessed increased capacity for pleasure
- Suppressed trauma leading to ill physical or mental health
- Facing up to our reality with awareness, bravery and compassion we can open up to a fuller life
- The amazing world outside of our programmed response to attack and defend
Links mentioned in this episode
Podcast Patreon - www.patreon.com/connectionmatterspodcast
Jems website link: www.jemayres.co.uk
Jems facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/jemayrescoaching/
Jems You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBuEEIsC1MxhtmTWkP9IKzw?view_as=subscriber
Our website is www.livewild.org.uk/connectionmatterspodcast
Connect with us on instagram https://www.instagram.com/livewilduk/
My personal instagram is https://www.instagram.com/leona.connection.matters/
The music for this podcast is -Hermosa Dia by Ray Johnson https://soundcloud.com/visionray
Jem Ayres: Orgasmic Embodiment Coach.
Jem is a certified Sex Geek - A Sexological Bodyworker, Tantra practitioner and teacher. She is the Founder of Orgasmic Embodiment, and regularly leads workshops, retreats and hosts talks on conscious sexuality.
She has over 10 years’ experience in the field of self-development through the body.
Jem now preaches what she likes to call ‘Sexual Self-Development’ and those who have met her know she walks the walk.
Overcoming stage 4 cancer became her focus for a while, and through this process she embraced and worked with the healing power of orgasm.
Multi-talented and creative she is passionate about helping people to connect with themselves through the body, fine-tuning into the subtleties of our life force, using sexual energy to fuel all areas of life.