Manage episode 271366519 series 2710271
Things we talk about in this episode
- The Sandy Hook Tragedy and Scarletts experience of losing her son.
- Forgiveness is a choice then a process
- The Choose Love Movement
- Why do we need a Social and Emotional Learning programme in Schools
- PTSD and Post Traumatic Growth
- The courageous Rwandan Genocide orphans who reached out to the brother of Jesse Lewis to give him the strength to move forwards
- Healing from Trauma
- Corona Virus Pandemic and the social and emotional consequences for society
- The FREE choose love programme.
Links mentioned in this episode
Our website is www.livewild.org.uk/connectionmatterspodcast
Connect with us on instagram https://www.instagram.com/livewilduk/
My personal instagram is https://www.instagram.com/leona.connection.matters/
The music for this podcast is -Hermosa Dia by Ray Johnson https://soundcloud.com/visionray
Scarlett Lewis founded the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement after her son was murdered in the Sandy Hook tragedy in December 2012. After his death, Scarlett became part of the solution to the issues in today’s society. Through Choose Love, Scarlett became an advocate for social and emotional learning (SEL) and character development that teaches children how to manage their emotions, feel connected, and have healthy relationships. Choose Love offers a no cost, comprehensive SEL program
that empowers educators and teaches children how to handle adversity, have courageous conversations, and respond with love. The program has been downloaded in all 50 states and 100 countries, serving nearly 2 million children.
To help children and adults deal with the stress and challenges of the Coronavirus, Choose Love created a variety of new, free resources; and specifically, to support students and educators as they navigate the new normal of hybrid learning, Choose Love created Choosing Love in Our Brave New World, a back-to-school reintegration unit for Pre school through to the HighSchool and beyond.