Manage episode 265048963 series 2431956
Episode 471 | Adriel Sanchez and Bill Maier answer caller questions.
Key questions answered in today's show:
1. I have a dear friend who is a devout Mormon who believes she is a Christian. Now, I’m a Christian, and we were in a conversation the other day and she was talking about “the Prophet.” How do I witness to my friend? She believes in Jesus Christ and talks about how Jesus Christ is her savior, but I know that Mormonism is a cult.
2. What does Isaiah mean when in Isaiah 64:6 he says, “All our righteous acts are as filthy rags”?
3. Why wasn’t Joseph at Jesus’ crucifixion? Any explanation will be of much help.
4. Why was one of Noah's sons cursed and not the others?
5. Does God ever tell us that we're with the wrong person, other than what is written in the Bible? Over a year ago, I walked into a lecture hall and I got the weirdest sense that I was supposed to be with someone I saw in the room. I dismissed the thought immediately. I'm happy with my partner. We are dating not married, and I don't want things to change. But the feeling kept coming back, so I prayed for wisdom and read the Bible. I then prayed for the feeling to go away. Now, I just feel stressed. I can't shake the sense that this isn't the life I'm intended to live, and I'm with the wrong person. I thought this feeling would go away once the semester was over, but it's been over a year. Does God ever do things like this?
Knowing God by J. I. Packer
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.