Manage episode 265157303 series 2431956
Episode 472 | Adriel Sanchez and Bill Maier answer caller questions.
Key questions answered in today's show:
1. In Matthew 27:52–53 when the saints came out of the tomb after Jesus’ resurrection. They went into the holy city and were seen by many. This would be huge! It’s the only place in written history I can find it. How do you explain that nobody else ever thought it was worth mentioning?
2. If Jesus knew that the Roman authorities would crucify him, why did he say, "My Lord, My Lord, why do you forsake me?"
3. Should our main focus in the church be the preaching of Christ from all the Scriptures? What about growing his people in faith and boldness? Do we just preach and trust the Lord to grow his people, who then go out and love and serve their neighbors and share the gospel with them?
4. How is it possible for God to be good, just, and merciful all at once? Being just means that there are laws and rules that are written and will be followed. Being merciful is negating justice. How can God embody all three?
5. 2 Samuel 23 has always baffled me. Every time I read it, I wonder why David didn’t drink the water which three of his men risked their lives to get for him. It seems ungrateful. What is God teaching us here? These verses are in a chapter about David’s mighty men. Should the focus be on them and not David’s offering to the Lord?
Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.