Manage episode 250249381 series 1661027
Dr. David Weiss is the President and CEO of Weiss International Ltd., an innovation, leadership, and HR consulting firm based in Toronto, Canada. He is the author of Leadership-Driven HR: Transforming HR to Deliver Value for the Business, and co-author of The Leadership Gap: Building Leadership Capacity for Competitive Advantage and Innovative Intelligence: The Art and Practice of Leading Sustainable Innovation in Your Organization. He has received numerous awards and recognition throughout his career, including the HR Leadership Award by the Asia-Pacific HR Congress and the HR Distinction Award by the Israel HR Association. In addition to helping businesses and organizations discover effective leadership, innovation, and human resource solutions, David is also a highly sought-after motivational speaker, having delivered over 250 presentations and workshop sessions worldwide.
David joins me today to discuss how CEOs and executive leaders can crush complexity, calm conflict, and make effective decisions while facing complex situations. He explains the difference between a complicated issue and a complex situation and how CEOs can deal with and leverage unknown, complex problems within their organization.
"To deal with unknowns, the CEO needs to create an environment where people are openly willing to discuss what they don't know"- Dr. David Weiss
Today on the Creative Disruption Podcast:
- Factors responsible for the increased complexity in an organization
- How ambiguity and uncertainty is causing a significant level of complexity in various business situations
- How to identify complex situations vs complicated problems
- Why “design thinking” is critical to your business
- How CEOs can facilitate conversations around complex problems and what red flags to watch for
- Creating an environment of diverse thinking, authenticity, and honesty
- The importance of looking for ways to expand your team’s horizons on an individual level
- The importance of creating a culture of asking questions
- What is constructive dissent
- The importance of accepting - and expecting - fresh opinions
- What are “pre-mortem plans” in business and how they can help you mitigate risks sooner
- How having silos in your organization can indicate a low probability of innovation
Connect with Dr. David Weiss:
- Weiss International Ltd.
- Phone: (416) 944-9080