Manage episode 262974646 series 164106
People change fast. So, marketing has to, also. As we take this time to evaluate what’s working in our businesses and what’s not we should also be taking a moment to truly understand what works now that might be different from what was working previously.Whether it’s natural shifts in customer-centric marketing, or the shift to digital business due to the pandemic, things are always changing.
So as things like live videos emerge as the new top marketing trend, it is important to always question: is what you’re doing actually working? Before jumping in to go with the flow, think about what your customer wants. How do they want to be seen? How can they see themselves best in your messaging?
To break this down further I’ve brought on Founder of Think Media Consulting, Shahla Hebets. Shahla has over two decades of experience developing digital marketing strategies for Fortune 500 companies to small businesses. Shahla’s company Think Media Consulting focuses on helping wellness and lifestyle brands grow. She is the author of the book What's Working Now? YOU-Centric Marketing.
Learn what’s working NOW and how to shift to YOU-centric marketing by downloading this episode now.
THE CALMNESS OF MIND WARRIOR
“Sometimes as marketers we get too focused on the tactic.” - Shahla Hebets
- Marketing became harder when digital platforms exploded.
- Making people feel seen is better than serving them.
- People change fast. We have to shift our approach to keep up with them.
- Websites have to be updated every couple of years.
- Content has to be created broad enough so that it’s aligned with your product, but not selling it.
- Content Creation should create an emotional affinity for the brand.
- We’ve lost loyalty from consumers because of gated content.
- Platform switching is a growing complicated challenge for marketers.
- Don’t build your business on “rented land.” Facebook is rented land.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!