Is the Amazon Rainforest on Fire, Storm Area 51 State of Emergency, Carolina Paracon’s Afterlife Paranormal Interview, and Tales of Little People on the Reservation!
Manage episode 240382760 series 1254350
Is the Amazon Rainforest on Fire, Area 51 State of Emergency, Carolina Paracon’s Afterlife Paranormal Interview, and Tales of Little People on the Reservation!
Today's podcast is brought to you by audible - get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek -Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What is the CreepGeeks Podcast?
CreepGeeks Podcast is an off-beat news podcast that takes a light-hearted approach to the paranormal, cryptid, strange, the silly, and trending tech topics circulating the web. Broadcasting paranormal news and fun stories from our underground bunker in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
What is “Weird Wednesday” -We break down an unusual topic/subject or trending phenomena.
Hey Everyone! You can call the show and leave us a message!
Did you know?
Use Amazon Prime Free Trial!
You can support the CreepGeeks Podcast with little to no effort!
Won’t cost you anything!
When you shop on Amazon.com use our affiliate link and we get a small percentage!
It doesn't change your price at all. It helps us to keep the coffee flowing and gas in the Albino Rhino!
Subscribe on YouTube! Watch our LiveStream Podcast Every Sunday
Hey everyone! Help us out! Rate us on iTunes!
Interesting Random Factoid(s)
- Portions of the Amazon Rainforest are on fire, but those images you are sharing aren’t of the Amazon: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/us/debunk-amazon-photos-trnd/index.html
- Small Nevada County declares state of Emergency due to Area 51 event: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/08/20/storm-area-51-event-pushes-rural-nevada-county-declare-emergency/2065065001/
- The “Storm Area 51” event just caused this tiny county to vote for a state of emergency: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3kxqvk/storm-area-51-just-forced-this-tiny-nevada-county-to-vote-for-a-state-of-emergency
Carolina Paracon Interview:
- Learn more about Carolina Paracon here: https://www.facebook.com/events/362260144445487/
- Be sure to check out Toby and Toni Afterlife Paranormal here: https://www.facebook.com/TobyToniAfterlifeParanormal/
Audible is audio entertainment that entertains, educates, and inspires.
For you, the listeners of [CreepGeeksPodcast],
Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
To download your free audiobook today go to www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek
Again, that's http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek for your free audiobook.
Enjoy this with your free trial: “Through the Brown Mountain Lights” by Christy Tillery French https://amzn.to/2MfRZZh
One of Omi’s friends from the Rez shared a very spooky story about little people in South Dakota!
"So my cousin told me a story the other night about a direct experience with "the little people" that happened to him.
Apparently my cousin was at a house party one night and the cops showed up. Now, it's illegal to drink on the reservation he was on, so a few of the party-goers (including my cousin) took off in every direction so the cops wouldn't catch them.
My cousin ran and hid by the creek waiting for the cops to leave. He said while he was down there, three little men came out from the brush and grabbed his legs, they were trying to pull him into the water! He kicked and kicked and fought them off and then ran back towards the party house but the cops were still there...So he ran all the way back home, and didn't look back.
Growing up, when we would swim in the river we would ALWAYS float to a certain bend in the river, then get out and walk back up. When I asked why, all the adults (not just my relatives) pointed to the bend and said the little people live past the bend. If you floated past the bend, you'll never come back because the little people might catch you.
More stories to come, because my friend has been talking to her friends and family across the country and sharing stories about little people. It seems like no matter the tribe or region, all these different reservations have similar stories of little people living near the water.
We’ve Added another event to our already busy schedule!
- Carolina Paracon
What’s Next- Events!
- Cherokee Legends Comicon: http://www.cherokeecomicon.com/
- These guys were awesome enough to reach out to us and we’ll be attending this event. It’s all things “weird” just like us so definitely stop in! https://www.facebook.com/events/447470382735401/
- Outer Realms Festival: September 21st, 2019.
Recommended Reading: Haunting Stories: Native American Tales on Reservations and Rural Areas: https://amzn.to/2KR54FL
Get Something For Amazon Prime!
Cool Stuff on Amazon -Squatch Metalworks Microsquatch Keychain: https://amzn.to/2Mzc7Ek
Here are our Latest Social Media Posts:
Over on Youtube!
TheOrdinaryHiker- Instagram: https://instagram.com/theordinaryhiker
Best Gummy Bears, New Mexico Timelapse, and a Goal! https://youtu.be/myxVPFQ5bLE
Join the CheapGeek Facebook Group- Join! Post stuff!
Here's a link- https://www.facebook.com/groups/CheapGeekPage/
Need to Contact Us?
Attn Greg or Omi
Want to comment about the show?
Join Us Next Time!