Manage episode 255531882 series 1254350
In this Fine Episode: We explore the significance of dreams and the interpretation of symbols in the dreams and spooky slumber party games!
Episode 168: Spooky Games, the Significance of Dreams, and SETI@Home Goes Dark
Today's podcast is brought to you by audible - get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek -Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What is the CreepGeeks Paranormal and Weird News Podcast?
CreepGeeks Podcast is an off-beat news podcast that takes a light-hearted approach to the paranormal, cryptid, strange, the silly, and trending tech topics circulating the web. Broadcasting paranormal news and fun stories from our underground bunker in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
In this Fine Episode:
Hey Everyone! You can call the show and leave us a message!
Use Amazon Prime Free Trial!
Did you know YOU can support the CreepGeeks Podcast with little to no effort!
Won’t cost you anything!
When you shop on Amazon.com use our affiliate link and we get a small percentage!
It doesn't change your price at all. It helps us to keep the coffee flowing and gas in the Albino Rhino!
Subscribe on YouTube! Watch our LiveStream Podcast Every Sunday
Hey everyone! Help us out! Rate us on iTunes!
Interesting Random Factoid(s)
One of the original versions of the game “Truth or Dare” was a Christmas Game called “Questions and Commands” in the late 1700’s
Spooky Parlor Games/Party Games:
- Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board: Light as a feather, stiff as a board
- The oldest known account of the spooky game “Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board” is from the 1660’s diary of Samuel Pepy’s a British Naval Administrator.
- Bloody Mary: Bloody Mary (folklore)
- Seances or Table-tipping
- Devil’s Face: Lock yourself in the bathroom with candles look in mirror to see a “face”
- Dares: Growing up, every group of kids had some sort of scary dare...like dating someone to sit in the spooky woods at the end of the neighborhood or go inside a creepy or abandoned house.
- Paper Fortune Teller aka “Cootie Catcher” or whirlybird: Paper fortune teller
SETI@Home, active since 1999, will stop sending new work to users on March 31st:
- For 21 years, millions of people helped a university search for alien life. Now it's time to analyze the results.
- Per the website:
- We're doing this for two reasons:
- Scientifically, we're at the point of diminishing returns; basically, we've analyzed all the data we need for now.
- It's a lot of work for us to manage the distributed processing of data. We need to focus on completing the back-end analysis of the results we already have, and writing this up in a scientific journal paper.
However, SETI@home is not disappearing. The web site and the message boards will continue to operate. We hope that other UC Berkeley astronomers will find uses for the huge computing capabilities of SETI@home for SETI or related areas like cosmology and pulsar research. If this happens, SETI@home will start distributing work again. We'll keep you posted about this.
Dreams: Meanings, Significance, and Interpretation
- Basic Dream interpretation can be found online:
- Simply typing in part of your dream into a search engine can often help clue you in.
- Ex. Google —> “what do feathers in a dream mean?”
- There’s also many books on dream interpretation.
- I grew up with the Llewellyn’s guides, there are current reprints available: https://amzn.to/39C0KnO
- However, dreams that repeat themselves or evolve/build off of another dream are usually of significance.
- Paying attention to as many parts of the dream or writing them down while dreams are fresh is important.
Audible is audio entertainment that entertains, educates, and inspires.
For you, the listeners of [CreepGeeksPodcast],
Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
To download your free audiobook today go to www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek
Again, that's http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek for your free audiobook.
Enjoy this with your free trial: “Through the Brown Mountain Lights” by Christy Tillery French https://amzn.to/2MfRZZh
What’s Next- Events!
- March 21st: Mysteries and Monsters in Canton Ohio: https://www.facebook.com/events/474254353192384/
- April 4th, 2020. Wild and Weird Con: Wild & Weird West Virginia https://www.facebook.com/events/529813544480119/
Ramdas - The One Eyed Turtle by Robert Goerman: https://amzn.to/2DY5civ
John A. Keel: The Man, The Myths, and the Ongoing Mysteries: https://amzn.to/2LHbd7X
Brown Mountain Lights: History, Human Nature, and Science Explain an Appalachian Mystery https://amzn.to/2TJ2oyR
Get Something From Amazon Prime!
Cool Stuff on Amazon -Squatch Metalworks Microsquatch Keychain: https://amzn.to/2Mzc7Ek
Need to Contact Us?
Attn Greg or Omi
Want to comment about the show?
Join Us Next Time!
Paranormal drama, dreams, paranormal games, spiritualism, bigfoot, art bell, spooky games, ghost games, weird, dream dictionary, dream interpretation, COVID-19, skinwalker ranch, Unidentified flying object, creepgeeks, paranormal news, weird news, UFOs, Area51, Small Town Monsters, momo, Ghosthunters, Ghost Nation, ghost hunting, UFO, Original Xfiles, mothman