Crypto Basic Podcast: Teaching You The Basics of Bitcoin and the World of Cryptocurrency. CryptoBasic
Episode 225 - New FinCEN requirements for crypto, Yang ditches the race, and Brave goes WikiLeaks.
Manage episode 253706690 series 1985683
_Welcome to this week's (bit late) Flagship Friday (Flagship Sunday just this once, sorry - our editor was on a boat. For many many hours.)
This time around we go over the Trump administration's new plans for crypto, about Yang bailing out of the presidential race, and Brave's brave venture into investigative journalism, sort of. All of this and more on today's episode - tune in now!_
- Rapid Fire
- Bitcoin business, CoinSource, has now expanded to over 600 Bitcoin ATMs
- Minnesota Fed president calls crypto a giant dumpster fire
- Virtual reality beats blockchain as the hottest job in techdemand for augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) engineers increased by 1,400% in 2019 (blockchain was +517 last year, +9 this year)
- Not just gaming, also companies like Sephora (beauty) and Wayfair (furniture)
- Blockchain developers still banking, 162k yr in 2020
- Proof of concept blockchain voting concept
- DeFi Reaches $1 Billion In Locked Up Crypto
- Trump admin to release new FinCEN requirements for crypto.
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Congress on Wednesday that the U.S. Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) is set to release new requirements related to cryptocurrencies. “We want to make sure that technology moves forward, but on the other hand, we want to make sure that cryptocurrencies aren't used for the equivalent of old Swiss secret number bank accounts,” he added. Mnuchin seemed to strike a positive tone on the topic, remarking that "we do think technology can be used to reduce payment processing quite considerably, particularly for small dollar payments cross-border."
- Andrew Yang bows out of the 2020 Presidential Race
- The only nominee who cares about crypto has bowed out of the race. We hope to see him in 2024. I think he made an impact seemingly coming out of nowhere.
- Brave uncovers widespread surveillance of UK citizens by private companies embedded on UK council websites - K
- They release a report called Surveillance on UK council websites
- reveals the extent of private companies’ surveillance of UK citizens when they seek help for addiction, disability, and poverty
- None of the data collected has received consent
- Quick Facts
- Nearly all councils in the UK permit at least one company to learn about the behaviour of people visiting their websites
- Google owns all five of the top embedded elements loaded by UK council websites, giving it the power to know what virtually anyone in the UK views on council sites.
- Over 1/4th of UK population served by councils that embed Twitter & Facebook
- 6.9m served by council that allow data broker LiverRampl to track, LiveRamp was part of Acxiom Group, which sold data to Cambridge Analytica...
- Some weird language for 2020 Taxes Regarding Virtual Currency (Story 3)
- "At any time during 2019, did you receive, sell, send, exchange or otherwise acquire any financial interest in any virtual currency?"
- Trump wants the Secret Service to tackle the Bitcoin problem -K
- Trump's budget (proposed) for 2021 plans to increase Treasury departments control over cyprot criminality
- The idea here would be to have secret service aid treasury efforts to stop terrorist financing, abuse of human rights, and financial crimes
- Little history sess
- SS was actually creaty in July 1865 specifically to deal with the problem of counterfit money (approximate one third of money in circulation)
- They also began investigating crimes like bank robbery, illegal gambling, even murder
- Legistlation was on Lincolns desk when he got assasinated, in 1901 when President McKinley gets assasinated Congress asked SS to provide protection
- 1902 they take on full time protection
- It was the first counterintelligence agency until the FBI was created in 1908
- In 2003 they were transfered to new Department of Homeland Security
- Mnuchin Says U.S. Planning Cryptocurrency Rules On Transparency
Crypto Around the World
THAT'S A SCAM
- The Ten Most Prominent Figures in the Cryptocurrency World?????I have a story for yee lol
- So here's the list
- Satoshi Nakamoto, Vitalik, Pavel Durov (Telegram), CZ, Brian Armstrong (Coinbase), Brandon Chez (Coinmarketcap), Charlie Lee, Alex Reinhardt, David Marcus (Paypal) & Roger Ver
- Really mostly tough to argue, was gonna make CH joke or whatever....but didnt know Reinhardt
- blah blah, Germany imiggrants kid It etc, then that by 11th grade he started seeling financial products to German pension funds, and "attracting investments in startups"
- Here it gets good
- In 2015, he survived the betrayal of partners who had effectively bankrupted his business. Huge debts and the necessity to pay bills became a call to action, so by using all his experience and innate talent as a salesman, as well as his brilliant experience in crypto trading, Alex launched his most successful project to date—PLATINCOIN. PLATINCOIN is a global cryptosystem that includes more than 10 high-tech products and services. The audience of the company's product audience is more than 500,000 people around the world, and every day there are more and more users.
- Okay seriously WTF, so I google PlatinCoin and imagine my lack of surprise
- The Youtube video is fantastic go enjoy , actual quote "indeed, our product is so good and value so obvious, that more than 89% of all that know even a little about cryptocurrencies and hear about our products, have become our costumers."
- Suspicions confirmed, had to go back and look at the author
- Alex Belov, "contributer" to Entrepeneur magazine....except this is the only article hes ever contributed
- Linked in shows him as the COO of Coinstelegram, but before that?
- And even Coinstelegram , mascarades as news but go to their services and
- Please join the conversation in the Discord. We're in there all the time.
- Rate us on iTunes.
- Follow CryptoBasicBrent on Reddit.
- We are not Financial advisers.