317: Talking Pregnant Fitness, Doula Work, Chiropractic and Home Birth Prep with BIRTHFIT Founder and CEO Lindsey K. Mathews
Manage episode 285675845 series 1260191
How are you connecting with your body during your pregnancy and birth prep?
Today we’re joined by Lindsey K. Mathews, Founder and CEO of BIRTHFIT, prenatal and postpartum programs for mind and body, as well as seminars and education for users of the program and coaches for the organization.
Lindsey walks us through the inspiration and history of BIRTHFIT as well as sharing her own personal journey into birth work and feeding her passion for serving and celebrating women with alternative therapies. The list of roles that Lindsey has includes (and isn’t even limited to): Founder and CEO of BIRTHFIT, chiropractor, birth doula, strength and conditioning coach, yoga instructor, NLP practitioner, childbirth educator and author. So you can imagine, we had lots to talk about!
From working in Hollywood and the sports industry, Lindsey eventually found herself diving into research, education and course work around recovering and healing in prenatal and postpartum as efficiently as possible as a way to serve her clients. Now for Lindsey, “birth work is my sport.”
We talk about the building blocks of BIRTHFIT (fitness, nutrition, chiropractic and mindset) and how they can serve pregnant women prepare for the birth experience and the opportunity to develop a deep trust in the body.
Topics we cover in this episode: prenatal and postpartum fitness, chiropractic, doula work, healing and recovery, drug-free birth
- Get 50% off the BIRTHFIT Education with the code DIAH50off: https://birthfit.mykajabi.com/store/Xy3nDKkS
- BIRTHFIT website: https://birthfit.com/
- BIRTHFIT Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/birthfit/
- Lindsey’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lindsey_k_mathews/
- Our website: https://www.diahpodcast.com/
- DIAH Shop: ttps://bit.ly/3qhwgAe
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/diahpodcast/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/diahpodcast
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1904721379788084/?ref=bookmarks
- Donate to DIAH: https://bit.ly/3qgm4r9