Manage episode 242832857 series 2131668
The competitive lifestyle is so much more than just sparkly bikinis and monitoring your macros. If you’ve ever been curious about what it takes to compete, IFBB Pro Justine Albert shares her personal journey as a physique competitor and the very real struggles and sacrifices athletes in this unique sport experience.
- What it means to be a physique competitor
- Justine’s journey from competing in regional competitions to national competitions
- The sacrifices required to compete successfully at the top level
- Why it’s important to have a strong offseason
- The value of listening to feedback and getting second opinions
- Why it’s okay to want a healthy lifestyle and not compete
- Justine’s transition into the pro circuit
- Why it’s necessary to love the whole process of competing
- How Justine balances online coaching, her brick and mortar business, and self-prep
- Why you can’t judge your prep based on what other people do
Justine first started training when she was just 12 years old! Over the years, she has participated in hundreds of shows and understands the never-ending challenges of prep and competition. Justine opened her own gym and offers coaching based on what’s best for each individual to support them in the next level of their fitness journey!
Powerful Quotes to Remember:
- “It’s not just about being the biggest. Conditioning is key...It’s quality over quantity.”
- “If you’re at the top level in a professional sport, there’s some level of unhealthiness and you have to accept that and make that choice.”
- “Be that smart athlete that gets their blood work done and give yourself rest and recovery time so you’re coming in better at every show and not just a mediocre version of the last show or a slight improvement.”
- “Find one coach and listen to THAT coach...instead of trying to listen to other people or try doing it on your own.”
- “You can be in shape and not compete...the end goal doesn’t have to be the stage.”
- “You can let loose without letting go.”
- “You can’t just love the end product. You have to love the prep and the process.”
Connect with Justine:
Looking for a Competition Bikini? Shop for a suit at Angel Competition Bikinis'