Manage episode 263168953 series 2468251
Comedians Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano, discuss, lament & come to terms with Food & Drink. They bring over a quarter century of restaurant experience to the podcast table.
This weeks episode: CAFFE SHAKERATO & LIMES
It doesn't get easier then this. WOW your guests or your loved one(s) with a special Italian take on the iced coffee.
- Grab your cocktail shaker or a jar with a lid and chuck some ice in there.
- Add 2 oz of espresso coffee (if you don't have espresso use a strong coffee of your choosing.
- Add 0.5 oz of simple syrup or just stir into your coffee when it hot some sugar (to taste) and let it melt and incorporate into your coffee.
- *Add a dash of booze of your choosing, if you choose to, at this point.
- SHAKE like an earthquake, ensuring that your shaker is really cold to the touch. Strain out the liquid. It should be frothy and then add ice if you choose and depending on your vessel. Traditionally it is served in a martini glass so ice might not be the right fit. Sit back and relax as if you are on the Amalfi coast.
CHUNKY LIME-PEPPER HOT SAUCE:
What do you do when life gives you lime? Make a DAMN spicy chunky pepper sauce!
5-10 Scotch Bonnet Peppers, washed well and sliced (or diced, depending on how much you want to consume in a sitting)
3 garlic cloves, minced or sliced
3 limes, plunged into boiling water for 1 minute and cut up into small chunks
Juice of 3-4 limes
1 tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients to a well-washed (ideally, sterilized) jar
- Mix well and refrigerate. Do not consume for 2-3 weeks, opening to turn ingredients only every few days.
- NOTE: I don't have any exact science behind this, but every Trini seems to suggest that you put your pepper sauce out in the hot sun each day, and back in the fridge at night. Apparently when it goes right in the fridge it mellows out. This might not be a bad thing, depending on how crazy your peppers are!
Eat this chunky pepper sauce as a condiment with any meat or vegetable dish, or as Marco suggested....put a little bit right on your summer burger!
If you liked this episode: Rate, Review & Subscribe and tell your friends.
If you didn't like it, there is a whole slog of podcasts out there for you to explore and enjoy and we hope you do!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.