Manage episode 273833135 series 1207127
I know what you are thinking, Amazon is taking over the world and retail stores are dying by the day. Who would want to start or run a "brick and mortar" location now?
Well, my 2 guests have been doing so successfully for over a decade (almost 30 years between them), so let's listen to them!
Jacqueline De'Ath is the founder of Homeworks Etc. DIY, and she helps people create their own home decor through popular workshops, as well as retailing it in her workshop/store. She has been in business since 2007.
Dana Shortt founded Dana Shortt Gourmet in 2004. She moved from catering into a retail location that provides delicious foods for entertaining, and prepared meals.
I have samples both their wares and I can say they really know what they are doing!
So sit back and take some notes as we explore what it means to succeed in the challenging world of brick and mortar retail.
Show notes: www.elaineskitchentable.com/097
Connect with Jacqueline:
- Website: https://homeworksetc.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homeworksetc.diy/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/homeworksetc.diy
Connect with Dana:
- Website: https://danashortt.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/danashorttgourmet/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/danashorttgourmet
Connect with Elaine:
- Website: https://elaineskitchentable.com
- Instagram: @elainetancomeau
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elainetancomeau/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ElainesKitchenTable
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatwithelaine
Get a free chapter from Elaine’s book, Sell Your Passion: https://elaineskitchentable.com/book/
This episode sponsored by Coast Capital Savings. Would you like to have a dedicated small-business relationship manager who knows you and your business? I have banked with Coast Capital the whole time I have had my business, Easy Daysies, and they are member-owned, which means my business is their business! Call 1-888-517-7000 opt. 3 for latest small-biz promotions! https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/