Manage episode 172153940 series 1202486
Matt Miller spent the first 9 years of his career as an Air Force pilot, before entering the private sector to work in both the medical device and advertising industries. While a top performer in the corporate world, his long term desire was to be his own boss. A good friend one day mentioned the gum ball machines he and his young daughters owned, and that conversation began a 10 year business quest that has brought Matt’s company, School Spirit Vending, to the cutting edge of both the vending and school fundraising industries. Today, School Spirit Vending’s franchising program provides a proven and profitable business system for busy professionals and their families looking to develop secondary income streams with a limited time commitment.
Show notes at http://hellotechpros.com/matt-miller-entrepreneurship/What You Will Learn in This Episode
- Why flashy and glamorous isn't always profitable.
- Why you shouldn't tie your career or your business to the training or jobs you had years ago.
- How Matt built a profitable business one vending machine at a time while deliver pizzas.
- Why you should start thinking about "bricks of income" and how to start stacking them.
- The franchise business that helps schools raise money without sending kids door to door or bringing in volunteers.